Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden Nation On ESPN2 (/forums/showthread.php?t=223630)

mjstevens 10-05-2007 11:48 AM

Madden Nation On ESPN2

This is scheduled to start on tv on October 9. I wonder if there will be any of the complaints from these message boards from the contestants - ie fumbles, ints, etc?

Benicio10 10-05-2007 01:17 PM

Re: Madden Nation On ESPN2

They should just rename that show to "Madden Cheese Nation: The Battle to see who is the Ultimate Cheeser"

Cardot 10-05-2007 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjstevens (Post 2037798948)
This is scheduled to start on tv on October 9. I wonder if there will be any of the complaints from these message boards from the contestants - ie fumbles, ints, etc?

Not likely since EA promotes the whole thing.

Although I wonder what EA is thinking when they have mid-game interviews and the players discuss all the complex realistic strategies they are using, but the next thing we see is a guy going for 2 after every TD....like the dude who won it all last year.

On a related note, I have noticed alot of mainstream sports journalists recently referencing video games when some player has some unbelievable stats or a ridulous highlight. I wonder if the video game makers take any offense in that?

Unoriginal Name 10-05-2007 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cardot (Post 2037799328)
Not likely since EA promotes the whole thing.

Although I wonder what EA is thinking when they have mid-game interviews and the players discuss all the complex realistic strategies they are using, but the next thing we see is a guy going for 2 after every TD....like the dude who won it all last year.

On a related note, I have noticed alot of mainstream sports journalists recently referencing video games when some player has some unbelievable stats or a ridulous highlight. I wonder if the video game makers take any offense in that?

When doing White Sox games this season and a pitcher comes in and totally dominates the White Sox, Ultimate Homer Harrelson would go on and on about how the pitcher had Nintendo stuff. It got old pretty quick.

HotShot232 10-05-2007 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benicio10 (Post 2037799229)
They should just rename that show to "Madden Cheese Nation: The Battle to see who is the Ultimate Cheeser"

Yup it is the National Cheese Nation.

If you can cheese with the best of them then enter the madden challenge, you will feel right at home.

But I can't help but wonder how these guys or going to react when they fumble 4 to 6 times in a game and loss. I can only HOPE that all kinds of drama happens at the tourny.

thisiscrazy411 10-05-2007 05:43 PM

I've never seen the show, or care to, but I heard that they all run goal line offense every single play and when on defense they just "nano blitz." Is this true, if so, why would you put this on ESPN or any channel for that matter? In fact, why would you put it on TV anyway?

VidGaminMachine476 10-05-2007 05:48 PM

You can cover up the deficiences of Madden on Madden Nation.

Just have "extreme strategists".

HotShot232 10-05-2007 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thisiscrazy411 (Post 2037800146)
I've never seen the show, or care to, but I heard that they all run goal line offense every single play and when on defense they just "nano blitz." Is this true, if so, why would you put this on ESPN or any channel for that matter? In fact, why would you put it on TV anyway?

This year will be all shotgun watch