Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Win it all yet? Dynasty updates (/forums/showthread.php?t=224528)

rudyjuly2 10-11-2007 12:43 PM

Win it all yet? Dynasty updates

I know many people don't like long winded dynasty write-ups so lets try to keep this short. Simply list your dynasty as to what team you are, your record and if you've won a title yet. Any firings, extensions, team changes, etc. would be welcome. Feel free to estimate records or omit things as necessary.

Coach Rudy
  • 4th year at Alabama
  • 5-7, 7-6, 11-3 (lost SEC title game), currently 4-1
  • only got two year extension after contract ran out and board still isn't thrilled with me
  • NO national championships

Gibbz 10-11-2007 01:39 PM

Re: Win it all yet? Dynasty updates

Just starting 2nd season with the North Texas Mean Green.

In my first season I started at 1-5, and put things together to go 7-5 and make the Meineke Car Care bowl. I was going to be matched up against the A-rated FSU Seminoles, so I was expecting a blowout, and was I ever right. I super sim defense, and the final score was 83-13 FSU. :spit:

I then received a 3-year contract extension, and an offer from Iowa State. I'm staying at UNT.

Anyways, in the off-season I pulled the 22nd best recruiting class, with 25 recruits, and I raised my program prestige from 2 to 3.

I'm expecting another 7-5 or 8-4 season for my 2nd year, with losses to Bama, Clemson, Baylor, and 1 or 2 Sun Belt opponents.

Solidice 10-11-2007 02:03 PM

my first dynasty and my first go around with Middle Tennesse State went well.

year 1 - 9-4 won Sunbelt Conference, got invited to MAC and accepted. won bowl game.
year 2 - 9-4 finished 3rd in MAC, won bowl game.
year 3 - 10-3(all were conference losses) finished 4th in MAC, won bowl game.
year 4 - 11-3 finally won the MAC, lost bowl game. was ranked #24 before bowl lost, all 3 losses were to top 25 teams.
year 5 - 13-1 won the MAC, was ranked as high as #15 , won bowl game(no BCS bowl though), only loss was to the team that ended up winning the NC. Texas. got invited to the SEC and accepted, became a 6* team to complete the 1* to 6*
year 6 - started 6-0 but lost 4 staight 6-4, thats where i stopped. the file got damaged and couldnt play it anymore. power went out when saving :(

i have since started over on Heisman this time and currently in season 1, with a 6-3 record, but will take a miracle to win the sunbelt this time, down 2 games to FAU with 3 game left. i did pull of a miracle upset win against Louisville though. and had 4 straight games that went to OT, 3 of which i won, against Virginia, Memphis, and Arkansas state. but the loss to FAU and FIU will haunt me for the rest of my career. the FAU i just got blown out and FIU was the 4th OT game i had.

KG 10-11-2007 02:26 PM

Great post Rudy BTW

My dynasty with South Florida

YR1 -8-5 (big win over Louisville & Pitt, lost to Va Tech in the gator bowl)

YR2- 10-3(big wins over Auburn, West Va, Louisville. lost conf tie breaker to Rutgers tho. Lost in Gator bowl to UVA)

YR3- 11-2(big wins over Miami, West Va, Rugters, Lousivlle, Conf Champs. Lost orange bowl to FSU)

YR4- 12-1 (big wins over Florida, Miami, Lousivlle, West VA. Lost to Rutgers in a snow game that decided the Big East title. Beat Va Tech in the Gator Bowl)

YR5- 13-0 (big wins over Rutgers, Lville, West VA, Auburn. Destroyed LSU in the Nat'l Title game and accepted invite to the ACC)

YR6- 5-0 (had a schedule that included only had 2 non ranked teams, BRUTAL) Sold the PS3 and went back to the 360.

I had alot of fun playing with USF except for all the rain games. I never got the chance to but I wanted to have an out of conf schedule that included all the major Florida teams (UF,FSU,Miami, UCF, FAU, FIU). The most I got in one year was YR 3 when I played 4.

AuburnAlumni 10-11-2007 02:59 PM

Coach AuburnAlumni
School: SMU Mustangs
Currently in Year 3.

Year 1: 1 star prestige, 10-4, Lost in the C-USA Champ game to Southern Miss, won my Bowl game.

Year 2: 2 star prestige, 11-3, C-USA Champs over Central Florida, beat South Carolina 27-24 in the Liberty Bowl. Cracked the top 25 Recruiting rankings with the #24 rated class in the nation.

Year 3: 3 star prestige, 2-0, destroyed #20 Missouri 38-10 in the season opener at Mizzou, beat TCU 30-27 in Dallas in game 2. I have a YOUNG but talented front seven, with 2 Frosh and 2 Sophs on the D line, and a Jr., True Frosh, and Soph at LB. Both of my DEs are 4 star recruits, as is my True Frosh OLB. It's amazing what a little talent can do for a defense.

TheGreat 10-11-2007 05:23 PM

I don't know if you guys sim or play all your games but heres my update.

I play every game and recruit every week; recruiting assistance is off.
On Heisman with somebodies sliders that eventually have been adjusted.

I am in my 4th year with Clemson.

1st year- 13-1. Only lost was to #2 WVU in the NC. CJ Spiller won Heisman.
2nd year- 14-0. National Champions win against Texas A&M. Brought in number 1 recruiting class.
3rd year- 14-0. National Champions.
4th year- 4-0 currently. My team is really really young. Only people still left from the original roster are my QB Willy Korn and a good number of defensive starters.
I officially have the fastest defense on the game. I checked lol.
Starting LE- 92 speed. All other DE's around 85.
All OLBs- 89-92 speed.
MLBs- 85 speed.
DBs- 90-97

Steelerfan2k1 10-11-2007 10:55 PM

I am just about to start year 6 at Temple.

I play on default All-American (with slight adjustments to make the kickers less effective), and I do everything in the game myself (recruiting and roster management, etc.).

Year 1: 6-6 with a loss in a minor bowl game against Minnesota

Year 2: 6-6 (with an amazing 4 game winning streak at the end of the season) and and a bowl loss against IU

Year 3: 12-2 (with a win in the MAC Championship and a bowl victory over Arkansas St.) I was invited to join the ACC in the offseason

Year 4: 10-3 (with a win over my only rival, Pitt, in the Gator Bowl, which is bizarre, as Pitt and Temple have never been rivals in real life. Pitt has two rivals Penn State and WVU. Temple isn't even on our radar screen)

Year 5: 11-2 (with a win over Arkansas in the Chik-Fil-A Bowl)

In year 6, this could be my big season. If I don't play in the ACC Championship game, it will be a huge disappointment, and a major bowl is in the cards. I have four year starters at QB and HB, a bunch of really fast receivers, and 6 new impact players on defense. I can't wait to start playing Season 6. I got all the way to the redshirt players screen in the preseason. I will open up against Illinois on the road.

Steeler99 10-12-2007 01:03 AM

I am just about to finish year 3 at Temple.

I play on PM's All-American sliders, and I do everything in the game myself (recruiting and roster management, etc.).

Year 1: 5-7 after a 5-2 start! Not good, no bowl.

Year 2: 7-5 caught on fire the last few weeks of the season and won a minor bowl

Year 3: 8-4 won the MAC East, but lost to Cent. MI in the MAC Championship.
Hammered Marshall 38-7 in the GMAC Bowl.

I schedule PITT and PENN ST every year as in-state rivals. I've won three great (close) games against Pitt, but Penn St has crushed me each year. I lose some key seniors this season so hopefully some of my recruits come in decent. That's one area I may have screwed up this year. I went for the gusto and pursued several 5* players showing interest instead of being happy with 3* and 4* recruits. Many of them have signed with bigger schools over the last few weeks so I might not get the class I had hoped for. I'm still glad that recruiting is tougher and more realistic this year. Can get a little tedious, but it does make it more realistic.

UPDATE:
To my surprise, after the 3rd season and two minor bowl wins I have been offered a position by my rival that I've beaten all three years (Pitt), and even better I have an offer by 5* Auburn!!! I thought you had to be a 5* coach to get an offer from a 5* team? Not sure what I will do as I really don't feel like I've finished my accomplishment with Temple, but playing in the tough SEC would be a whole new challenge (Auburn was only 4-7 under current coach). What to do, what to do ...............?