Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   What is the chance 2K puts out a college football game? (/forums/showthread.php?t=224826)

SHO 10-13-2007 03:29 PM

What is the chance 2K puts out a college football game?

They do a spectacular job with College Hoops and I saw a lot of good things in APF. I think that it'd be a good marriage.

jmood88 10-13-2007 03:37 PM

Re: What is the chance 2K puts out a college football game?

0 chance. EA owns the NCAA license.

P2K 10-13-2007 04:08 PM

Plus, after knowing 2K's track record with the franchise mode, would you really trust them in doing well with a college football multiple season mode?

catcatch22 10-13-2007 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P2K (Post 2037823680)
Plus, after knowing 2K's track record with the franchise mode, would you really trust them in doing well with a college football multiple season mode?

What's with everyone wanting franchise modes, if they made these games every two or three years then a franchise mode would be essential but these are annual releases which people buy every year. I hate franchise modes and the sooner they get rid of them the happier I'll be!

RogueHominid 10-13-2007 05:04 PM

I think you have a point, catch-catch. No matter which company we're talking about, franchise mode always seems to be plagued with some kind of bug that makes it problematic. I love the idea in principle, but I don't remember a football game that had a franchise mode that I really loved and found to be realistic.

sleepytercel 10-13-2007 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P2K (Post 2037823680)

What track record? This is such an ignorant statement. Okay, they released All Pro Football without a franchise mode. That is their "track record". I mean, if they were releasing NFL2K8 without the mode, that statement you made would provide sense. However, they had to scratch the years they worked on the mode because a certain company decided it was a good idea to steal the market away from them.

A "track record" means "through the years", not the last game they released. It wasn't even fair game here. It's like saying a team is on a losing streak because they lost one game.

Cardot 10-13-2007 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepytercel (Post 2037824118)
What track record? This is such an ignorant statement. Okay, they released All Pro Football without a franchise mode. That is their "track record".

I don't get into franchise mode myself, but I believe I read that 2K5 had some shakey AI in franchise mode...Like teams wouldn't draft based upon their needs.

jct32 10-13-2007 07:48 PM

They could come out with a NAIA game.