Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   (New) Idea Overall & Individual Ratings, formula and theory's. THE QB, your take? (/forums/showthread.php?t=226672)

jsou4646 10-29-2007 03:34 PM

(New) Idea Overall & Individual Ratings, formula and theory's. THE QB, your take?

I just wanted to start something that I think can help all of us that use this forum. I know there a lot of guys that have been on this forum for a long time, and therefore have a ton of good info, and insight on NFL2K5. Each Week I'm going to post a new thread pertaing to each posotion.
If everyone could post the way they have thier QB ratings setup, I think that new roster creators and maybe some of you veterans can use this as a guide, and place to compare and contrast rating styles. The QB is probably the toughest position to get right so let the comparisons begin. Examples of players and thier specific rating would also be very useful. thanks alot

jsou4646 10-29-2007 07:13 PM

Re: (New) Idea Overall & Individual Ratings, formula and theory's. THE QB, your take?

Found this on a DaFlyboy's post

PassAccuracy: Upper level QB's are 100 and above. Manning, Brady & Palmer, etc. basically set the highest levels. Use last yr's passing stats to gauge from there.
(max: 125; min: 90)

---PassReadCoverage: originally I had this set low as I thought QB’s would distribute the ball more variably. But this is basically the same as PassAcc.

---Hold Ball: dumb it way down. QB's getting popped when sacked or running should cough it up and be sensitive to the fumble slider.
(max: 15; min: 0)

---Leadership: handled this one a little differently. Unfortunately you have to do these manually for each team. And once you start your season, you may not be able to change them as there may be a chance of corrupting the file.
…………………Starting QB: 127
…………………2nd String QB: 100
…………………3rd String QB: 85

---Speed: debatable; depends on how you play w/ a fast QB too. Suggestion: if using a fast QB or any for that matter, don't allow yourself to turbo once past LOS....helps with realism.
(max: 120; min: any)

---Scramble: high for scramblers
(max: 125; min: any)

---Stamina: 90 for all

---Composure: variable; very low for scramblers (e.g., Vick's is 10; Manning’s is 100)

---Consistency: same as Leadership formula above

---Aggression: 15 for all

dophin26 10-30-2007 01:57 PM

Re: (New) Idea Overall & Individual Ratings, formula and theory's. THE QB, your take?

I guess I am a little more standard. I do not use the large attributes, so all numbers are under 100:

Pass Accuracy: I look at their completion %. Higher the %, the higher the value. The range is about mid 60s to high 90s.

Pass Read Coverage: I tie this in to their # of INTs. The higher the INTs, the lower the value. The range is about 67-low 90s.

Hold Ball: Low for most. I read this from the above post and agree. I like it in the 17-30 range, unless they never/rarely fumbled that year.

Leadership: This is based #1 on who started and #2 on how good the passing game is. Starters are obviously rated higher. The range is from high 50s to high 90s.

Speed: I keep this low for most QBs. I look at their average and if it's in the 1-4 avg. range, it's generally in the 40s. I go higher from there. I like when a pocket QB gets run down from behind when he tries to get to the sideline, but I like my scramblers to be able to get to the edge occasionally. My high range is generally in the low 70s.

Scramble: I look at the number of runs a QB had and go from there. Generally pretty low (20 - 40 range). Running QBs are in the 70s and 80s.

Stamina: Depends how many times they threw, how many games they played. Most QBs are above 70, although some fall under. If a QB was injury prone that year, he'll grade out pretty low.

Composure and Consistency: Pretty consistently high for starters and lower for back-ups. Obviously the best QBs rate higher. I go from 60s - 90s

Aggression: Low. Generally in the 18-28 range. I think I might have a couple scramblers that I rated higher.

** This is just what I use. Right or wrong, I like the results and stats I get using this with my difficulty settings / CB and S values, etc. **

TheShizNo1 10-30-2007 02:33 PM

dolphin and daflyboy, what are your attributes geared towards; gameplay or simmed stats?

daflyboys 10-30-2007 03:45 PM

Gameplay. Stats will be skewed on simmed games, no matter how you sim.

dophin26 10-30-2007 06:30 PM

I rate for actual gameplay and I reduce the time for simmed games and get stats that are pretty close.

slimm44 10-31-2007 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dophin26 (Post 2037866879)
I guess I am a little more standard. I do not use the large attributes, so all numbers are under 100:

Pass Accuracy: I look at their completion %. Higher the %, the higher the value. The range is about mid 60s to high 90s.

Pass Read Coverage: I tie this in to their # of INTs. The higher the INTs, the lower the value. The range is about 67-low 90s.

Hold Ball: Low for most. I read this from the above post and agree. I like it in the 17-30 range, unless they never/rarely fumbled that year.

Leadership: This is based #1 on who started and #2 on how good the passing game is. Starters are obviously rated higher. The range is from high 50s to high 90s.

Speed: I keep this low for most QBs. I look at their average and if it's in the 1-4 avg. range, it's generally in the 40s. I go higher from there. I like when a pocket QB gets run down from behind when he tries to get to the sideline, but I like my scramblers to be able to get to the edge occasionally. My high range is generally in the low 70s.

Scramble: I look at the number of runs a QB had and go from there. Generally pretty low (20 - 40 range). Running QBs are in the 70s and 80s.

Stamina: Depends how many times they threw, how many games they played. Most QBs are above 70, although some fall under. If a QB was injury prone that year, he'll grade out pretty low.

Composure and Consistency: Pretty consistently high for starters and lower for back-ups. Obviously the best QBs rate higher. I go from 60s - 90s

Aggression: Low. Generally in the 18-28 range. I think I might have a couple scramblers that I rated higher.

** This is just what I use. Right or wrong, I like the results and stats I get using this with my difficulty settings / CB and S values, etc. **

Ditto.

jsou4646 11-24-2007 11:03 PM

<table id="post2037864997" class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td class="alt1" id="td_post_2037864997" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(0, 0, 0);">From my testing this is the best way to make a qb. The one thing that I added was a minimum of 90 for composure with the elite qb's at 127. This along with giving all the rb's a minimum of 60 catch and run route and almost all fb's 55 catch and run route really helped out the qb's. Int's were way down and it is atually hard to stop a top tier qb. Giving the backs those numbers allow the qb's to have confidence to check down and drop it off to their backs as they do a ton of in the NFl. But overall this formula with those additions really make my qb's look and play real, thanks for the info guys.

PassAccuracy: Upper level QB's are 100 and above. Manning, Brady & Palmer, etc. basically set the highest levels. Use last yr's passing stats to gauge from there.

---PassReadCoverage: originally I had this set low as I thought QB’s would distribute the ball more variably. But this is basically the same as PassAcc.

---Hold Ball: dumb it way down. QB's getting popped when sacked or running should cough it up and be sensitive to the fumble slider.
(max: 15; min: 0)

---Leadership: handled this one a little differently. Unfortunately you have to do these manually for each team. And once you start your season, you may not be able to change them as there may be a chance of corrupting the file.
…………………Starting QB: 127
…………………2nd String QB: 100
…………………3rd String QB: 85

---Speed: debatable; depends on how you play w/ a fast QB too. Suggestion: if using a fast QB or any for that matter, don't allow yourself to turbo once past LOS....helps with realism.
(max: 120; min: any)

---Scramble: high for scramblers
(max: 125; min: any)

---Stamina: 90 for all

---Composure: variable; very low for scramblers (e.g., Vick's is 10; Manning’s is 100)

---Consistency: same as Leadership formula above

---Aggression: 15 for all
<!-- / message --> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color rgb(0, 0, 0) rgb(0, 0, 0); border-width: 0px 1px 1px;"> </td> <td class="alt1" style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color rgb(0, 0, 0) rgb(0, 0, 0) -moz-use-text-color; border-width: 0px 1px 1px 0px;" align="right"> <!-- controls --> </td></tr></tbody></table>