Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   This game needs something... (/forums/showthread.php?t=228409)

thegoons21 11-15-2007 09:32 PM

This game needs something...

Ok. 1st Pujas roster and everyone's hard work is great and the rosters are fantastic. With that said I have a couple questions....

Do you guys notice some of the stars playing as such for the CPU? I don't see it.

The CPU Qb pass percentage is killing me. I know the answer to this but am not willing to sacrifice stats so CPU qb's throw over 50%.

The QB reads. COnstantly throwing into double coverage or into a post route with the safety sitting ready to jump the route.

I dunno. I'm just frustrated. I got all excited with the rosters then play a game and it leaves me bored. I can't find a middle ground anymore. The only problem that seems to have been addressed as far as fixing some of these original game issues from release is the INT's. You guys all seem happy with the game still, how do you do it? You know I love/loved this game, but I'm struggling to find the joy still even with these great rosters.

Oh and this is NOT bashing the rosters or makers it's just seeing how you all feel about the state of the game right now. All these rosters seem like a lot of work just to deal with original game issues that still have McNabb, who you edited for a half hour of your life or whatever, still complete less the 45% of his passes with QB accuracy all the way up? Not angry just curious how the community feels. I'm not sensitive if it's "just me" tell me what you do to fix.

dophin26 11-15-2007 11:38 PM

Re: This game needs something...

No, you're right about the completion percentage issuse. It usually isn't very accurate, but I think the joy of the rest of the game more than makes up for it. You definitely have your right to dislike what's happening. Some things bother some people and some don't. I wish the cpu would run a little more, but I wouldn't quit playing the game because of it.
I think the people that are left here are those that never really could just put it down and walk away. I've played it pretty steadily since it came out and can't forsee wanting to quit now.
To each his own.

thegoons21 11-16-2007 12:02 AM

That's whats weird is that I haven't stopped playing it. It's just I don't find myself getting as "involved" as some of the others that are just loving it right now and I'm wondering what they do. I guess I'm just inudated with information on how to tweak this or that and not sure where to start with what will make the game my own or at least play how I want. It's still a great game but frustrating at the same time.

daflyboys 11-16-2007 12:45 AM

Maybe you should experiment with your own tweaks and do some discovering. For example, take all the qb's and max out stuff that you think would help them not throw into double coverage. I'd really like to know that as well.

Personally, I'm not sure what the stats are coming out like with other rosters (in-game), but I'm overall liking the new "fast" rosters I came out with. Vince Young lit me up for 60% and over 300 yds (9 min. qtrs) and 3 TD's but I was still able to eek out a 30-28 win. Then, just earlier tonight, (cpu) Culpepper threw only 1 INT for the Raiders, but it was a costly one that I picked in the end zone earlier in the game. And, LJ busted off a 75 yder to seal it for me in a hard fought 17-7 ordeal.

thegoons21 11-16-2007 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daflyboys (Post 2037907146)
Maybe you should experiment with your own tweaks and do some discovering. For example, take all the qb's and max out stuff that you think would help them not throw into double coverage. I'd really like to know that as well.

Personally, I'm not sure what the stats are coming out like with other rosters (in-game), but I'm overall liking the new "fast" rosters I came out with. Vince Young lit me up for 60% and over 300 yds (9 min. qtrs) and 3 TD's but I was still able to eek out a 30-28 win. Then, just earlier tonight, (cpu) Culpepper threw only 1 INT for the Raiders, but it was a costly one that I picked in the end zone earlier in the game. And, LJ busted off a 75 yder to seal it for me in a hard fought 17-7 ordeal.

Yeah, I agree. It's just daunting as to where to start. There's just so much stuff. I constantly feel like if I touch something HERE. It's going to cause something else to go haywire HERE. It's how I've always felt with this game. I bump CPU running they average 150 on me. I bring it down they average 15. But you're right. I need to get my hands dirt(ier).

But yeah, those sound like great games your having as always FLy. This is going to sound incredibly stupid but I get great games in theory. But the stats are what are getting me. It's just feast or famine. I beat the Eagles in OT 22-19. Great game, but McNabb throws 41% and Westbrook rushes for 220. May be I should try and ignore the statistical side of things. It's hard though cause I'm a franchise guy through and through...

daflyboys 11-16-2007 01:30 AM

Don't know what to tell ya..... this is why I did the tweaks...'cuz I had the same feelings/thoughts you did.

Wonderland 11-16-2007 02:15 AM

Seems like you should just take a break from the game for a little while. No reason for you to be forcing it when you're clearly not enjoying it as much as you should be. There's no point to it. Go on to something else. Give it a break and you'll feel the itch to play it down the line and when you come back to it, you'll be happy again. It's easy to get spoiled with anything, so just hold yourself back. It'll all be fine.

daflyboys 11-16-2007 02:19 AM

Wonderland = Dr. 2K5Phil! :)