Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   AFC Divisional Round: Chargers at Colts (/forums/showthread.php?t=233893)

ifiok25 01-06-2008 10:50 PM

AFC Divisional Round: Chargers at Colts

Game starts at noon on Sunday. Should be a good game to watch. No way Manning throws 6 picks this time around. I really like the way the Colts are playing. It'll be a tough game.

Colts 28
Chargers 24

SportsTop 01-09-2008 07:39 AM

Re: AFC Divisional Round: Chargers at Colts

I'm usually pretty optimistic and the Chargers have a few things going for them such as:

Winning two straight versus the Colts.

Their defensive scheme is the type that gives Manning trouble (as much trouble as any defense can give him).

The 1-2 combination of LT and Turner has had success against Indy in the past.

That being said....Gates is iffy at best and Indy is tough at home. As much as my heart says they have a chance I see this game ending up:

Colts: 31
Chargers: 24

Chazzilla 01-09-2008 08:37 AM

I'll be there!! Colts win this one easy, they just don't lose at home.

Nza 01-09-2008 08:41 AM

As lucky as the Chargers seemed in the first meeting, don't forget one TD the Colts got was a gimme by Rivers - the fumble in the endzone which (iirc) he wasn't even directly being pressured on, so the Chargers were giving some away for free too.

I think the Colts win but if the Chargers can play to their limit it won't be easy by any means. Plus, Manning has never played his best ball in the post season - not even last year.

NovaStar 01-09-2008 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nza (Post 2038042551)
As lucky as the Chargers seemed in the first meeting, don't forget one TD the Colts got was a gimme by Rivers - the fumble in the endzone which (iirc) he wasn't even directly being pressured on, so the Chargers were giving some away for free too.

I think the Colts win but if the Chargers can play to their limit it won't be easy by any means. Plus, Manning has never played his best ball in the post season - not even last year.

Yeah, Manning has problems against this D because of the linebacker speed, they get to him quickly. That being said, this game should be a good one. If LT gets going, and Rivers turns in a good game, it could go either way. Historically speaking, the regular season Manning and the playoff Manning are two different qb's.

Yakmala 01-09-2008 12:03 PM

I think the Colts take it but they are going to have to really turn up the volume on the pumped in crowd noise to do it.

Lordcledus 01-10-2008 12:30 AM

If Gates doesn't play, this game probably won't even be close.

bkrich83 01-10-2008 12:44 AM

Chargers have taken 2 of the last 3 against the Colts, and really it should have been 3 of 3, including 2 games in Indy. SD has played pretty well in Indy the last several years. So I am not sure how anyone can say Colts in an easy win.

That being said, I see no way the Chargers win this game. Manning will find a way to pull it out in the end.