Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Tips on recruiting (/forums/showthread.php?t=234586)

DaNextPhenom25 01-13-2008 03:33 PM

Tips on recruiting

Is it smart to recruit only 5 star players to make a 1 star team better, or only recruit people who are interested in coming to your school? I always try to find out what the prospect thinks about every pitch, (playing time, fan base, etc.). Some people hang up before I even get past three unlocked pitches. How do I avoid this? I've actually only recruited 1 person before the season ended, and that was a kicker :( Should I only hard sell the very high and most ones? And once you unlock the most, very high, and high pitches, do you hard sell them until it says pitch complete, or do you stop talking about it when you see a big smile?

redskinrussell 01-13-2008 03:43 PM

Re: Tips on recruiting

I usually go for the best prospects that show interest in me. If you are a one star team, chances are you wont be able to get any five star guys anyways.

marktg30 01-13-2008 05:00 PM

It took me 3 years to get my first 5 star player with FAU (a 1 star team) by this time I was a 4 star school.

I would say recruit as much speed as you can. This is usually a good way to build a team that can upset a 5-6 star team occasionally. After you level up your school prestige, I would say you will have a shot at a 5 star player.

1 Star teams seem to only get 1-3 star players (3, sometimes if you are lucky).

I have also tried to focus on a certain part of my game, like running the ball 85% of the time to get myself a good RB. I can't really tell if that works though. Hope this helps a little.

TheShizNo1 01-13-2008 05:27 PM

I focus a lot of speed and especially awareness, that helps me out a lot

Saber 01-13-2008 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theshiznetno1 (Post 2038054222)
I focus a lot of speed and especially awareness, that helps me out a lot

Yeah, I'm a speed whore myself. Try to recruit all the fast guys I can.

DaNextPhenom25 01-13-2008 07:08 PM

Thanks for the tips on what to look for when recruiting, but I was looking for more info on unlocking pitches and such. How much time should you use on one player? And should you stop hard selling something to avoid losing a lot of time?

C-Bus 01-13-2008 07:39 PM

I'm only in the second year of my dynasty so I don't have a whole lot of data. I started with a two star team, San Diego State. I looked at whoever was interested in me. There were a couple of four star guys and some three star guys. I put those guys on my recruit list. When recruiting them I look first at how they feel about my best attributes. Hopefully those attributes are among their most, high, or very high or at least above average. When I find attributes that match up with mine I hard sell those. My goal each week is to make sure I hang up with a smile or better yet a big grin. If I the recruit's attributes don't match up to at least two of my schools best attributes I don't recruit them. As a low prestige school you can help yourself by recruiting athletes from your pipeline (homestate) and recruits that want playing time. Doing this should help you recruit some top athletes, good luck.

marktg30 01-13-2008 07:59 PM

i usually go down the pitches that match up the best... I then press A a couple times really fast and unlock pitches...

I dont usually spend more than 45 mins on any player (if I even get that out of them).