Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Hidden formations (/forums/showthread.php?t=236568)

catcatch22 01-31-2008 03:40 AM

Hidden formations

I haven't played the game in weeks, just lost interest. However with my favorite team in the superbowl and all I grew a renewed interest in playing the game again.

In doing so while controlling my remade 86-90 giants team I was looking at the default teams playbooks to better utilize certain players. Meggett has similar skills to Thurman Thomas, so I decided to check out the default team he was on in the game to see how I could get Meggett flexed out as a reciever while still having a full back in the backfield without me having to use any substitutions that would have people online crying cheese!

Well Thurman Thomas plays on the Americans default team. So I checked their playbook during a practice session and saw a formation that fit exactly what I was looking for. There was 2 of them, one called "H Split Pro" and another called "H Flex Pro". They were perfect and had Thurman split out as a wideout. So I then proceeded to find the play in the playbook menu and nada. It wasn't there. I searched and tried to figure out how could these formations not be in the miriad of plays but nope, nada none of these formations was selectable.

Am I missing something, did I overlook a formation that would allow me to use these. Or are they just AI only formations for those teams. Not sure if anyone else noticed this.

LBzrule 01-31-2008 12:17 PM

Re: Hidden formations

You are not missing anything. The formation is not available to users.

RogueHominid 01-31-2008 02:34 PM

I play on PS3, but I have a formation that splits out Marcus Allen on my Raiders team. I'll look for it later and post it. There are also formations that get your HB in an H-Back position. I'll post those as well. This has me wondering if there are different formations available to the PS3 users. I do know that the routes available to Allen in that formation aren't all that great, but they do get him out in space and create the kind of passing game matchups that someone using Thurmal would surely want to incorporate into the offense.

BledsoeHoF 01-31-2008 02:45 PM

I never looked for a default formation to do it but you can use the split I formation and motion the RB out.

LBzrule 01-31-2008 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trojan Man (Post 2038100077)
I play on PS3, but I have a formation that splits out Marcus Allen on my Raiders team. I'll look for it later and post it. There are also formations that get your HB in an H-Back position. I'll post those as well. This has me wondering if there are different formations available to the PS3 users. I do know that the routes available to Allen in that formation aren't all that great, but they do get him out in space and create the kind of passing game matchups that someone using Thurmal would surely want to incorporate into the offense.

No those are available to 360 users as well. But the specific ones he's talking about are apart of the Americans team playbook and nowhere else.

RogueHominid 01-31-2008 04:19 PM

I see. That stinks. Thanks for clearing that up, LBZ. Unfortunately, not having access to those formations kind of takes the fun out of using certain players.

JRod 01-31-2008 04:36 PM

I could be wrong but isn't the H-split actually in I-split playbook but shows as a regular I-split play.

When I was creating playbooks, I just loaded all of a certain formation for that team. I seem to recall that a few H-split plays were disguised in a few of the formations.

I'm going off of memory so I could be dead wrong.

catcatch22 01-31-2008 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRod (Post 2038100408)
I could be wrong but isn't the H-split actually in I-split playbook but shows as a regular I-split play.

When I was creating playbooks, I just loaded all of a certain formation for that team. I seem to recall that a few H-split plays were disguised in a few of the formations.

I'm going off of memory so I could be dead wrong.

I was thinking that would be the case but I didn't want to make a meal of it and go through that whole process and not be rewarded.

There were other formations that allowed me to flex out my tight end and halfback as wideouts at the same time but this meant an empty back formation which is not what I wanted. With the Americans H-back flex formations the fullback is still in the backfield. So I can have Otis Anderson at fullback while Meggett is at halfback and split out as a wide out. That way the only substitution is Anderson at fullback thus not having to substitute a wide out for the halfback. Play wise it also allows me to use both their talents at the same time and with formation shifts I can work wonders with those 2 formations in combination with others.

However this is definitely a formation all its own, not a part of any but just incase I wll look again when I get home to be sure.