Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Scouting Reports for Generics (/forums/showthread.php?t=237859)

RogueHominid 02-11-2008 02:36 PM

Scouting Reports for Generics

Mea culpa to the mods. This should technically go in the rosters forum, and I completely understand if the thread is banished there. However, for the sake of visibility, and in honor of catchcatch's recent work on figuring out how the generics work with greater precision, it struck me as a good idea to devote a thread to detailing what we know about our generics. If you're like me, certain names just stick out, and we know what these guys can and can't do. His thread should be read first, but perhaps we could use this one to offer specific information on individual players as we develop it.

Perhaps contributors could begin by listing name, generic group setting, and general skill and weakness set. I know that we all have different supporting casts around these players, so our assessments are likely to differ slightly, but it seems likely that at least something productive can come out of this.

I will add my first few contributions this evening.

catcatch22 02-11-2008 02:47 PM

Re: Scouting Reports for Generics

Actually I have alot of them written down already. I created 4 teams with several different generics and categorized them specialties.

RogueHominid 02-11-2008 04:01 PM

See my last post in your thread. I suspected you had, and I've got some specific guys that I like for specific reasons, so I'll start contributing what I have when I get home and get some free time. This is a fabulous idea.

catcatch22 02-11-2008 06:31 PM

Here is the list of generic wideouts that I have seen with the choice of balanced wide receivers. I only use balanced.

Balanced Generic Receivers
#19 - Fryzel - Possesion
#82 - Armstrong - Possesion
#86 - Dorris - Possesion
#86 - Ahanotu - Possesion
#15 - James - Average
#82 - Walker - Average
#82 - Hubbard - Average
#82 - Simpson - Average
#86 - Williamson - Average
#87 - Woodard - Average
#86 - Redman - Deep Threat / Special Teams

For the Corners, I use both Balanced and Run Support only. If you use the balance and run support setting your players seem to go after the ball more. There are corners that play man coverage well against deep threat guys. then there are corners that play zone coverage well against possesion guys.

**Edit seems that the run coverage guys are real good in zones while the coverage guys are real good in man.

Balanced Corners
#25 - Carroll - zone
#27 - Goodwin - zone
#28 - Supernaw - zone
#28 - Lukins - zone
#28 - Banker - man
#29 - Grant - man
#27 - Woodyard - man
#26 - Hampton - man
#26 - Watson - man
#21 - Howard - man

Run Support Corners
#23 - Kidd - zone
#25 - Green - zone
#28 - Rivera - zone
#25 - Walker - man

burnwood 02-12-2008 12:33 AM

You forgot my boy Figueroa (WR). He makes the rare Dwight Clark type catches for me in the clutch.

Rocky 02-12-2008 07:34 AM

Why didn't VC take the time to tell us this? Good work, but there is no way gamers should have to figure these things out on our own.

RogueHominid 02-12-2008 04:58 PM

I've had a couple of TEs that I like. One is Polli-Dixon. I think he's possession. He's slow as crap, but has very nice hands.

Jeb Shaefter is another one I like. He's fast enough to split the seam, and he's got good hands as well. I don't know that they're just as good as Polli-Dixon's, but they're pretty good and he's capable of coming down with the ball in traffic.

One question I have about the run support corners is that it makes it sound in the description like they just flat out suck at defending the pass, so I've never tried them. Catchcatch, you're saying that some of them are actually good in man coverage and can run with deep threat receivers? That's intriguing.

catcatch22 02-12-2008 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trojan Man (Post 2038131758)
One question I have about the run support corners is that it makes it sound in the description like they just flat out suck at defending the pass, so I've never tried them. Catchcatch, you're saying that some of them are actually good in man coverage and can run with deep threat receivers? That's intriguing.

Well if you go to NFL 2k5, create a corner and pick one of the preset conditions. The 3 they give you are cover-balanced-physical. The Physical corner gets a higher aggression, strength and tackle rating. The high aggression and strength makes them good at jamming receivers and making plays at the ball. They also seem to be good when playing man against guys going deep. Laterally (sideline to sideline) they don't move as well as the cover corners.