Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Well, i better start playing this more online. (/forums/showthread.php?t=237950)

ManiacMatt1782 02-12-2008 08:00 AM

Well, i better start playing this more online.

If we dont get a sequel, this is what i am playing till 2013. possibly longer.

Ea and the NFL extended the exclusive license through 2012. :brickwall

I played this mostly with friends. But i think im gonna try to get used to the timing online that should extend the life of this game for me. I will need some sort of football fix for till then.

jmood88 02-12-2008 08:20 AM

Re: Well, i better start playing this more online.

Oh well, I've gotten used to either playing NFL 2k5 or no new NFL game.

sportsdude 02-12-2008 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782 (Post 2038130155)
If we dont get a sequel, this is what i am playing till 2013. possibly longer.

Ea and the NFL extended the exclusive license through 2012. :brickwall

I played this mostly with friends. But i think im gonna try to get used to the timing online that should extend the life of this game for me. I will need some sort of football fix for till then.

if that's the case, then I think 2K could stop playing nice and make an all-generic, completely-customizable game similar to what the Pro Evolution/Winning Eleven series did for soccer.

BigBlue 02-12-2008 08:29 AM

Not a complete surprise. Maybe now 2K can go all out and give us the fully customizable game we've been craving for since this whole fiasco began.

There's no reason to hold back now, 2K! You played nice and said all the right things last year about not wanting to p*** off the NFL by limiting our options and whatnot. You already know that your engine is the better one. Now come out full-bear and give us the ability to play the game the way it was intended! Bring back the triple-rendering player models you had in 2K5. Give us better Field and Stadium rendering. Remove the silly mistakes referees make on obvious calls (out of bound catches, ball positioning, etc). But most importantly, give your users the ability to fully customize this game to recreate the NFL as well as the ability to play it this way ONLINE!

No holds barred! (It probably won't happen, but one can only hope, right?)

BigBlue

Cardot 02-12-2008 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportsdude (Post 2038130187)
if that's the case, then I think 2K could stop playing nice and make an all-generic, completely-customizable game similar to what the Pro Evolution/Winning Eleven series did for soccer.

Exactly. And CHoops already laid some groundwork to facilitate this with 2K Share.