Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   the strategy really makes this awesome. (/forums/showthread.php?t=238700)

Radja 02-18-2008 10:52 AM

the strategy really makes this awesome.

i just got a 360 two weeks ago and have been playing this game most every night vs. my bro in law. a former qb. he loves reading the defense and looking for weaknesses. each time we play, we have great games and the adjustments we have to make are what keep us coming back.

for instance, i won 3 games in a row. he changed his team and blitzed me to death. i lost 4 in a row. he pointed out i had happy feet like jim everett. he was right. he was in my head. after i start setting my feet i beat him finally.

you really have to think and vary your play book. timeouts and challenges need to be thought out. in other games if you used your challenge you weren't really punished. but yesterday i intercepted a pass on the sideline but it was ruled incomplete. it was early third quarter. i thought there was a 30% chance he caught it inbounds. there wasn't an in-game replay and it happened so fast, i couldn't really tell.

i was positive i would need the time out later, if the drive continued. i waited almost 30 seconds trying to decide. finally, i challenged and won. it changed the game. neither of us scored again. (i was leading) but it killed his drive just past my forty. had i missed the challenge, i would have likely lost the game. he was on a roll. after the game he said that was the play that won it.

i love this game!!!!!! 2k9 or 10 please come out!!!!!!

grunt 02-18-2008 01:07 PM

Re: the strategy really makes this awesome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radja (Post 2038147101)
i just got a 360 two weeks ago and have been playing this game most every night vs. my bro in law. a former qb. he loves reading the defense and looking for weaknesses. each time we play, we have great games and the adjustments we have to make are what keep us coming back.

for instance, i won 3 games in a row. he changed his team and blitzed me to death. i lost 4 in a row. he pointed out i had happy feet like jim everett. he was right. he was in my head. after i start setting my feet i beat him finally.

you really have to think and vary your play book. timeouts and challenges need to be thought out. in other games if you used your challenge you weren't really punished. but yesterday i intercepted a pass on the sideline but it was ruled incomplete. it was early third quarter. i thought there was a 30% chance he caught it inbounds. there wasn't an in-game replay and it happened so fast, i couldn't really tell.

i was positive i would need the time out later, if the drive continued. i waited almost 30 seconds trying to decide. finally, i challenged and won. it changed the game. neither of us scored again. (i was leading) but it killed his drive just past my forty. had i missed the challenge, i would have likely lost the game. he was on a roll. after the game he said that was the play that won it.

i love this game!!!!!! 2k9 or 10 please come out!!!!!!

y

I couldn't agree more with you, even when I lose the level of strategy is amazing in the game. I am glad you are enjoying the greatest playing football game ever.

RogueHominid 02-18-2008 01:58 PM

I'm with you bro. I've been playing this game for months straight, and I'm still tinkering with strategy and trying to think of new ways to maximize my talent and deal with matchups. The possibilities are almost endless with the combination of plays, players, and the variability of your opponent's roster. Love it!

Radja 02-18-2008 02:08 PM

when i played any nfl based game, i rarely played with any other team than my favorite. so i never really experienced what the other players were like. to be honest, i don't think the play style was ever really different on those games anyway. now, i can hardly wait to try different qb's and other players because they play so obviously different.

i so far have tried Randall C. Bernie K (they even have his signature way he lined up behind center) and Bartkowski.

eventually i want to try a gold star QB, but so far i have tried gold defensive more. paul hornung is the only gold star offensive guy so far and he is awesome.

i am also creating a bunch of players to be the movie and made up names all star team. i have bobby bouche the waterboy (LB), Tub-a-Goo (DT as heavy as i can make him) and NumbNuts (FB) just to name a few. eventually i will finish that team and probably lose badly but it will be fun for a while.