Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Same Jersey numbers (/forums/showthread.php?t=238787)

Soonerd2 02-18-2008 09:55 PM

Same Jersey numbers

(360) I didn't think that there were duplicate jersey numbers on the game at all. I remember it was on last-gen but I hadn't noticed it on next-gen. I also remember that once the players with the duplicate jersey numbers were gone, you could no longer have duplicate jersey numbers.

Anyway I was looking at OU's roster today (SOOO screwed up BTW, as I'm sure most other teams are too) and I noticed that there was 1 duplicate jersey number. But there are several others players that have duplicate jersey numbers on the team that have just been assigned wrong numbers.

For the most part, other than wanting co-op back really bad, I don't complain too much about the series. Most of my gaming is this game(s). But My God why wouldn't EA just WANT to take care of details that would make this game just that much better?

unexpectedorc 02-18-2008 11:41 PM

Re: Same Jersey numbers

in the ncaa an offensive player can wear the same number as a defensive player, but no two ofensive players can wear the same number or no two defensive players can wear the same number. ex. Penn State- Andrew Quarless TE wears no. 10, but so does cornerback Lydell Seargent. Pat Devlin QB wears no. 7, so does SS Anthony Scirrotto. Hope this was helpful.

Soonerd2 02-19-2008 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unexpectedorc (Post 2038149108)
in the ncaa an offensive player can wear the same number as a defensive player, but no two ofensive players can wear the same number or no two defensive players can wear the same number. ex. Penn State- Andrew Quarless TE wears no. 10, but so does cornerback Lydell Seargent. Pat Devlin QB wears no. 7, so does SS Anthony Scirrotto. Hope this was helpful.

No I understand the rule. I want there to be duplicate jersey numbers. i think it sucks that they would just kind of add them, but not fully implement them.

babyfat9 02-26-2008 05:11 PM

I'd agree...i wish EA gives us the option of duplicate numbers in 09

jdrhammer 02-28-2008 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soonerd2 (Post 2038149293)
No I understand the rule. I want there to be duplicate jersey numbers. i think it sucks that they would just kind of add them, but not fully implement them.

Two players with the same number can't be on the field at the same time. I'd kind of like to be able to duplicate numbers, but you'd have to have formation subs and all that. Also, say you have a DB and WR that are both #5. Well, on kickoffs, the CPU would have to know not to include one or the other on special teams. A prompt would have to come up in the depth chart or the formation sub like a redshirted player would. I don't know if EA could do this, well, they could, don't know if they would. I'd like to have the duplicates but I don't want to see two #5's and 2 #23's on the field at the same time.

The only reasons I'd like to have them is for Recruiting Promises, which needs to be on next gen, promising a recruit a number, that is, and for maybe assigning a number to a freshman I'm about to RS, and a senior has that number.

TJdaSportsGuy 02-28-2008 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unexpectedorc (Post 2038149108)

The actual rule has nothing to do with offense or defense. The rule states that two players wearing the same jersey number may not be on the field at the same time. So...theoretically, you could have two QB's on your roster with the same jersey number. Not that it would happen, but you could, as long as they weren't on the field at the same time.