Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Juking question (/forums/showthread.php?t=239139)

jmood88 02-21-2008 11:37 AM

Juking question

Is anyone able to get anybody outside of the running backs to actually juke someone? This has been a problem for me since 2k5, even when I have agile receivers I'll pretty much gain all of my yards on the pass and will rarely be able to do the same moves effectively that I can do with running backs. I have Bobby Mitchell on one of my teams and I can;t juke anybody with him, he'll just get tackled if I try anything. I don't know if it's just me or if it's a problem with the game.

grunt 02-21-2008 11:42 AM

Re: Juking question

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmood88 (Post 2038156004)
Is anyone able to get anybody outside of the running backs to actually juke someone? This has been a problem for me since 2k5, even when I have agile receivers I'll pretty much gain all of my yards on the pass and will rarely be able to do the same moves effectively that I can do with running backs. I have Bobby Mitchell on one of my teams and I can;t juke anybody with him, he'll just get tackled if I try anything. I don't know if it's just me or if it's a problem with the game.

I am also having problem juking.

spankdatazz22 02-21-2008 12:06 PM

The juke system was one of the things I wanted them to address for 2K8 but it wasn't. The system needs to be totally revamped imo. Been that way dating back to 2k4/2k5. While 2K8 is better than 2K5 was in terms of being a strict north and south game, it still has a ways to go before it approaches what was being done in NCAA '04 & '06 (PS2/XBox). The NCAA games at the time were more momentum-based though; still shocked that EA didn't build on what they had in place.

The juke system in 2K5 was just too ambitious, and it was difficult to pull off the huge variety of moves they made available with the complicated stick motions/button presses that were required. They should simplify the move list (less options), and make the options they keep more effective. And more practical to pull off. Having to do quarter circle then counter-clockwise stick movements + button press in the heat of the moment is just too difficult. If they do APF2K9, I really hope they redo this aspect of the game.

jmood88 02-21-2008 12:20 PM

I love the options that they have but my problem is that they can't be used by positions other than running back.

sportsdude 02-21-2008 12:53 PM

I think the problem with juking is just part of the 2k football engine. If you remember nfk2 and 2k1 for the dreamcast, jukes were near impossible to stop as long as you timed them right to the point where it was like a glitch. The double juke move in those games on an iso play could turn 0 yards into like 25 and that's just not realistic.

RogueHominid 02-21-2008 01:03 PM

I have the same problem. I have found that slowing down a little bit before executing the juke helps (say with a WR). This is probably due to momentum--allowing them to get their feet under themselves a little better--and with throwing off the timing of the human pursuit. Even so, it's really tough to leave guys in the dust.

edmus 02-21-2008 02:11 PM

Are you guys able to get decent results from juking with the shoulder buttons? For me they don't work anywhere near as well as using the R stick, but even with lots of practice I can't do anything reliably using the stick. Because of this I tend to favor north-south runners.

jmood88 02-21-2008 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edmus (Post 2038156533)
Are you guys able to get decent results from juking with the shoulder buttons? For me they don't work anywhere near as well as using the R stick, but even with lots of practice I can't do anything reliably using the stick. Because of this I tend to favor north-south runners.

I almost never use the shoulder buttons and when I do use them it doesn't really work like it should. Who have you played with using the right stick?