Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Football Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Would You Favor A Next Generation Tecmo Bowl? (/forums/showthread.php?t=239419)

JayBee74 02-23-2008 12:37 PM

Would You Favor A Next Generation Tecmo Bowl?

Keep the basic game play, with souped up graphics, presentation, and maybe throw in a new angle or two.

ODogg 02-24-2008 02:53 AM

Re: Would You Favor A Next Generation Tecmo Bowl?

This is a game I daydream about every now and then. I wish it would become reality!! No new camera angles though IMO or it defeats the Tecmo Bowl feel entirely. Just keep the graphics the same concept, beef up the players into 3D players (but still keep their odd, squatted Tecmo look) and make the field and spectators around the field look the best you can with shading and color. Oh yeah, and more plays, although not a crazy # of plays like Madden has as, again, that would defeat the Tecmo Bowl feel.

snepp 02-24-2008 04:30 AM

Absolutely.

bomberooski 02-24-2008 04:35 AM

I think it could be really really fun. Throw it up on Xbox Live or the Playstation store. I'd definitely buy it.

JayBee74 02-24-2008 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODogg (Post 2038163777)
This is a game I daydream about every now and then. I wish it would become reality!! No new camera angles though IMO or it defeats the Tecmo Bowl feel entirely. Just keep the graphics the same concept, beef up the players into 3D players (but still keep their odd, squatted Tecmo look) and make the field and spectators around the field look the best you can with shading and color. Oh yeah, and more plays, although not a crazy # of plays like Madden has as, again, that would defeat the Tecmo Bowl feel.

I agree-don't change the camera angles. With the obvious popularity of this game, why is a new rendition not considered? Surprised the original game has not appeared on XBox Mareketplace.

LBzrule 02-24-2008 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayBee74 (Post 2038163859)
I agree-don't change the camera angles. With the obvious popularity of this game, why is a new rendition not considered? Surprised the original game has not appeared on XBox Mareketplace.

A new rendition was considered. Tecmo supposedly was teaming up with Visual Concepts to release Tecmo Bowl on an unnamed platform. That was supposed to be this year, but I haven't heard much about it since it was announced last year.

nyisles16 02-24-2008 11:47 AM

still play Tecmo Super Bowl to this day.. good series, which I hope they do get to bring back

JayBee74 02-24-2008 12:02 PM

Using an updated roster this year's Super Bowl was simulated using Tecmo Bowl.