Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Losing sound on PS3 (/forums/showthread.php?t=239644)

jdrhammer 02-24-2008 11:40 PM

Losing sound on PS3

Has anyone else lost sound? Sometimes, more than not here lately, after the ESPN update, the sound will stop and I'm navigating thru menus in total silence. I load the game up in my Dynasty and no Nessler intro or anything. I've turned the system off before and loaded it right back up, and the sound return to normal, but I did it 3 different times tonight and no sound each time. Is the ESPN update messing this up or do I have a system/disc problem?

Ghettoshark 02-24-2008 11:46 PM

Re: Losing sound on PS3

Something similar is happening to me on 360. When I'm in a game, sometimes the volume will drop to the point that I have to put the TV volume up to full blast to hear anything. Then when I exit, I get a huge blast of *DUN DUN DUN...DUN DUN DUN* *ESPN Radio SPORTSCENTER!*

djcorrosive 02-25-2008 06:28 AM

Ditto here on the PS3...sound pre-ESPN update...no sound post-ESPN update. It just started this weekend. If I quit the game and start back up it's OK for a while, a few ESPN updates will pass, but then it happens again. Very annoying.

I OU aBeatn 02-25-2008 07:16 AM

I had this problem, too. It's kinda of similar to last year when if you had sports scores running across the bottom of your screen, it would sometimes freeze.

All you have to do is disable ESPN Radio and reset your PS3. Worked perfectly for me.

woodjer 02-26-2008 06:30 PM

I'm sorta in the same boat as ghettoshark...

I had this happen to me the other day, too. ESPN update went out with a kinda scratchy/squeally noise and then no sound. I actually didn't notice it until I went to start a game and then I could barely hear the intro. I ended up turning the TV up to 50 (I normally have it at 15, max) and then I could hear it. It didn't kick back on after the game though. However, when I was going to save my highlights and stuff, the bing of the dashboard was really loud so it's clearly not an issue with the machine. I haven't played since so I can't tell you if it's a recurring thing for me. Anyway...you're not alone.

hawkeyekid 02-28-2008 05:34 PM

I just turned off the ESPN updates after always having the sound get softer after updates. I didn't listen to those things anyway. Already stuff I either knew or could easily find if I cared.

KG 02-29-2008 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghettoshark (Post 2038166338)
Something similar is happening to me on 360. When I'm in a game, sometimes the volume will drop to the point that I have to put the TV volume up to full blast to hear anything. Then when I exit, I get a huge blast of *DUN DUN DUN...DUN DUN DUN* *ESPN Radio SPORTSCENTER!*

Wheeew...i thought it was sumptin wrong with my TV