Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Had 5 fumbles at one point in the 2nd qtr... (/forums/showthread.php?t=240099)

jdrhammer 02-28-2008 10:25 AM

Had 5 fumbles at one point in the 2nd qtr...

last night. Granted, I was playing LSU in BR, but my HB fumbled four times and my QB once, at one point in the 2nd qtr. It sounded like a bomb went off everytime I got hit. It never sounds like that when I hit someone. Later on in the qtr, my punt returner gets hit and fumbles to go back for a score. I ended up winning, but this was kind of crazy. And yes, I did sub in for my HB quite a bit.

SidVish 02-28-2008 10:57 AM

Re: Had 5 fumbles at one point in the 2nd qtr...

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdrhammer (Post 2038176063)
last night. Granted, I was playing LSU in BR, but my HB fumbled four times and my QB once, at one point in the 2nd qtr. It sounded like a bomb went off everytime I got hit. It never sounds like that when I hit someone. Later on in the qtr, my punt returner gets hit and fumbles to go back for a score. I ended up winning, but this was kind of crazy. And yes, I did sub in for my HB quite a bit.

Not surprising. The fumbles and int problems have been discussed ad nauseam on this site. I just hope this is definitely fixed for 09. It definitely won't be a release day purchase for me anymore.

Cardot 02-28-2008 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdrhammer (Post 2038176063)

Did you lose all those fumbles? If so, how did you win at LSU with 5 turnovers in one quarter?

jdrhammer 02-28-2008 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cardot (Post 2038176255)
Did you lose all those fumbles? If so, how did you win at LSU with 5 turnovers in one quarter?

I have the #1 rushing O and #1 overall O in the nation. It was a shootout to say the least.

jdrhammer 02-28-2008 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cardot (Post 2038176255)

Lost everyone of them. It was in almost 2 qtrs. That's the beauty of this game. You can still put up 50. It sucks.

Cardot 02-28-2008 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdrhammer (Post 2038176330)
Lost everyone of them. It was in almost 2 qtrs. That's the beauty of this game. You can still put up 50. It sucks.

Yeah, that is EA Football. I don't think EA likes the run of the mill 27-17 type game. They like excitement....big plays, turnovers, comebacks, tons of points etc.

bh446066 02-28-2008 01:52 PM

Yeah, I'm sure you guys are talking about the 360 version, right? I know the INTs on the PS2 are pretty crazy (I had almost 30 this past season I played). My scores are generally fairly moderate, but I play 6:00 quarters, so the games are a little shorter. I strive to get my sliders to the point of a 27-17 game. Here's a sampling of my scores from last season:

@ Brown W 54-6 (I do so much 1-AA roster work I make myself play 2 1-AA teams a year)
vs. Howard W 56-19
@ UNLV L 37-20
@ Oklahoma St. L 54-27
vs. Akron W 37-22
vs. Iowa St. L 31-28
vs. Texas A&M L 31-28
@ Missouri W 33-27
vs Colorado W 24-14 (THAT'S what I'm talking about)
@ Baylor L 28-10
@ Texas W 24-6
vs Oklahoma L 50-24
Poinsettia Bowl vs New Mexico W 38-10

My scores are still too high for my taste, and you can obviously see the games where the score indicates a momentum meter out of control. Many of these games were looking to be the kind of scores I would like, only to blow wide open in the end. This momentum meter HAS to be toned down.

Cardot 02-28-2008 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bh446066 (Post 2038176552)
Yeah, I'm sure you guys are talking about the 360 version, right? I know the INTs on the PS2 are pretty crazy (I had almost 30 this past season I played). My scores are generally fairly moderate, but I play 6:00 quarters, so the games are a little shorter. I strive to get my sliders to the point of a 27-17 game. Here's a sampling of my scores from last season:

Me too. I have usually played with 6 minute quarters with defense friendly sliders and a fairly conservative approach on offense (runs & short passes) resisting the temptation of the easy long ball (previous versions). I do like the fact that on Next gen it is much tougher to complete long passes, but they took it a little too far.