Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Operation Sports Content and Other News (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Three Point Thursday - Annual Review (/forums/showthread.php?t=241522)

RaychelSnr 03-06-2008 06:36 PM

Three Point Thursday - Annual Review

Matt Blumenthal is back with another Three Point Thursday. This week's article focuses on a look back at the 2008 (or 08 if you want to refer to them EA Sports Style) line of sports games. He looks at what was good, what was bad and just about everything else in between. Be sure to give the article a look by clicking here.

totsata 03-06-2008 11:07 PM

"last year of sports games" so you don't consider soccer to be a sport. Oh btw just a little fact worth noting, soccer (football) is the most famous sport in the world!
It is not even mentioned once in the article, are you kidding me? What a shame seriously!!!

Cletus 03-06-2008 11:21 PM

he also didn't mention rugby, cricket, fishing, or table tennis. I'm sure the author didn't feel like spending a month breaking down every single sports game made, if that offends you then I'm sorry.

gdfella99 03-07-2008 09:47 AM

cletus totsata has a point

Soccer is one of if not the most famous sports in the world. I might argue that the NBA is starting to creep up but in Europe soccer is number 1.

Acid 03-07-2008 10:12 AM

Re: Three Point Thursday - Annual Review

While soccer is easily the biggest sport in the world, it's nowhere near the biggest in this country. So demographics-wise, it makes sense for it to not be on the list.

I'm hoping with the new site and the growing popularity, OS will have more soccer-related articles because it definitely seems like the sport is growing here in the US and more people are starting to follow it.

Nice article, Matt. :waytogo: