Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Operation Sports Content and Other News (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   TJ's Time Machine (/forums/showthread.php?t=242808)

RaychelSnr 03-13-2008 03:56 PM

TJ's Time Machine

Quote:

For many of the younger folks who will be reading this, the art of roster editing began somewhere within an NCAA Football game released by EA Sports. But for the older guys (like me), it all started with a nifty little baseball title on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System.

So today, we set the time machine back to 1994. The Buffalo Bills lost their fourth consecutive Super Bowl, the NY Rangers ended a 54-year drought by winning Lord Stanley's Cup, and Ken Griffey Junior of the Seattle Mariners broke Babe Ruth's record for the most home runs before the month of June.

Click here to read more.

Sedihawk2K5 03-13-2008 04:40 PM

I LOVED this game too! Did you know you can get an updated version of this game, through the end of 2007. Including updated logos, rosters, etc. Same old stadiums, but everything else is updated.

MassNole 03-13-2008 04:43 PM

Re: TJ's Time Machine

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sedihawk2K5 (Post 2038221859)
I LOVED this game too! Did you know you can get an updated version of this game, through the end of 2007. Including updated logos, rosters, etc. Same old stadiums, but everything else is updated.

I'd imagine this could be found easily enough in the internet with some searching.

For whatever reason I never really got into KGJ, I was more of a Tony LaRussa/Hardball guy on the PC.

Sully 03-13-2008 05:06 PM

Great game. I spent many afternoons after school playing this with buddies.

Oh, and when I hear the year 1994, I think about the MLB Labor Strike that resulted in the World Series being canceled for the first time since 1904.

Laettner32 03-13-2008 06:37 PM

The best thing about it (other than it was damn fun) was that I could play a 9 inning game in around 25 minutes. That is a lost art in todays sports game world. Having a fun, simmish game in less than half an hour!

Sedihawk2K5 03-13-2008 07:20 PM

The one thing that game lacked was that you could change player names, but you couldn't do anything else. You couldn't trade or edit your players in any way. The new version has all the updated players and appearances, stances, etc. Someone even created an editor for it where you can change anything. It's fun to just pick up and play.

Cletus 03-13-2008 07:52 PM

Re: TJ's Time Machine

I loved this game, heck I still play it when i hook up my SNES. Powerpros reminds me of this game a lot.

ty5oke 03-13-2008 08:54 PM

I never has a SNES, but I would play this at a friends house all the time. We had some great battles

You had to bring up the bills didnt you...