Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Football Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Former Madden Player looking for PC Football Sim (/forums/showthread.php?t=244656)

renojedi 03-28-2008 07:43 PM

Former Madden Player looking for PC Football Sim

I don't think I need to go into detail on the problems Madden08 had suffice it to say that I am looking for a good PC sim to take its place for the upcoming football season.

I looked on line and see two: Football Mogul and Maximum Football.

Not knowing anything about those two games I have a couple of questions and would like some opinions on which game to purchase.

First the questions:

1. With unlicenced games, you need to be able to have some mods to make it recognizable. The baseball sims (Mogul, Puresim, OOTP) all have excellent community mods to simply plug in. So part a of my question is do these games take mods and part b is are thier communities that actually produce them. And if so, where are they?

2. In terms of gameplay, little "bells and whistles" keep my attention after I get used to great gameplay. So, for example, visuals like player pictures or simple sound effects are good. Which game does a better job of bringing those into play.

And finally, which do you recommend and why?

Thanks.

aholbert32 03-28-2008 10:37 PM

Re: Former Madden Player looking for PC Football Sim

Quote:

Originally Posted by renojedi (Post 2038255949)
I don't think I need to go into detail on the problems Madden08 had suffice it to say that I am looking for a good PC sim to take its place for the upcoming football season.

I looked on line and see two: Football Mogul and Maximum Football.

Not knowing anything about those two games I have a couple of questions and would like some opinions on which game to purchase.

First the questions:

1. With unlicenced games, you need to be able to have some mods to make it recognizable. The baseball sims (Mogul, Puresim, OOTP) all have excellent community mods to simply plug in. So part a of my question is do these games take mods and part b is are thier communities that actually produce them. And if so, where are they?

2. In terms of gameplay, little "bells and whistles" keep my attention after I get used to great gameplay. So, for example, visuals like player pictures or simple sound effects are good. Which game does a better job of bringing those into play.

And finally, which do you recommend and why?

Thanks.

Front Office Football...it gets no better.

chadskee 03-29-2008 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aholbert32 (Post 2038256323)
Front Office Football...it gets no better.

It's a text sim, but it's the best out there no question.

renojedi 03-29-2008 09:45 PM

Front Office Football looks really good. So, does it have any mods to have actual NFL players, logos, etc?

Stu 03-31-2008 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by renojedi (Post 2038257669)
Front Office Football looks really good. So, does it have any mods to have actual NFL players, logos, etc?

Yup, you can get most of them on the Front Office Football Central forums.

Here's the thread with links to the mods: http://fof.sportplanet.gamespy.com/f...ad.php?t=63429