Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   no APF2K9; maybe next year (/forums/showthread.php?t=246685)

gschwendt 04-16-2008 10:00 AM

no APF2K9; maybe next year

This is a sticky posted yesterday on the 2K Forums

Quote:

As many of you are aware, there has been some speculation about the status of the APF franchise. The 2K9 game has been suspended while 2K looks at how to better market the game and make the game elements more unique. This does not, however, mean that the APF franchise is shutting down. We are hoping to revitalize the franchise and bring you a game next year. I am going to open a thread and be available for discussion for the next couple of hours. I am also going to try to work and see if we can sponsor a contest in the coming months that is APF based. I am sorry to bring you bad news, but with continued support, I am sure the APF franchise will come back stronger than ever.

Eton Rifles 04-16-2008 11:09 AM

Re: no APF2K9; maybe next year

I guess no football game for me this year unless EA improves NCAA a lot.

aenggeorge 04-17-2008 12:36 PM

THERES BLITZ ABNACKBNREAKER TEMCECO LEFT!

baa7 04-17-2008 01:02 PM

Quote:

...with continued support, I am sure the APF franchise will come back stronger than ever
Continued support? How about proper marketing? Or releasing the game so it's not competing with EA's products? Or including modes and features that would make the game more attractive to potential customers?

Sheesh.

Crimsontide27 04-17-2008 01:52 PM

They need to learn about marketing in the first place. Each descion they made regarding 2k in the marketing sense was dumbfounding.

-Very little to no early videos. The one they released wasnt any good and the guy from this board took that pathetic video and turned it into something amazing.

-Released it the day after NCAA came out. Absolutely amazing they thought this would work. As soon as a few forum members had NCAA early, 100s of people viewing the NCAA forum, none on the 2k forum. Interest quickly shifted to the NCAA series. Only way 2k football has a chance as it stands now is to release before the football juggernauts come out with their games. NCAA and Madden will sell truckloads, you have to accept that. Releasing in this time window is suicide for another football product.

-If you want to stand out, dont release a game with almost zero options. I loved 2k5 football more than anything, and when I finally got my hands on 2k8, I was massively dissappointed. Most of 2k8 was a watered down version of 2k5.

-Release the game between the draft and well before NCAA. Around this time football fans are gasping for any new information regarding the upcoming football game season. Take this opportunity and run with it. People will buy this game just to satisfy their football cravings. So what if they trade it in when NCAA drops, 2k still got their money.

DocHolliday 04-17-2008 01:59 PM

Horrible bloody news.

i guess Ill have to get Madden this year.

You win EA, you win

yamabushi 04-17-2008 02:13 PM

No surprise.

God speed APF team, where ever you end up.

baa7 04-17-2008 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocHolliday (Post 2038297836)
i guess Ill have to get Madden this year.

How so? I haven't bought Madden for five years now. I just don't open my wallet. Works like a charm.