Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Pasta Padre-"No variable weather for online games" (/forums/showthread.php?t=247308)

geraldparr 04-23-2008 12:46 AM

Madden 09 - Weather Not Available Online: Pasta Padre

Pasta Padre has posted some very disappointing news concerning the weather availability online with Madden NFL 09.

Quote:

"Weather will not be available online. It’s clear that many of you are interested in this functionality so it’s already on my growing list of features from the community. Honestly, I’d prefer if we solved the online lag issues before we worry about weather. We will be featuring the live weather feed in Madden 09."

a4reak 04-23-2008 12:52 AM

Re: Pasta Padre-"No variable weather for online games"

As he mentioned, this takes a huge amount away from online franchise

ausar72 04-23-2008 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4reak (Post 2038310554)
As he mentioned, this takes a huge amount away from online franchise

Yeah that point made it really hit home. The fact that all games will be perfect weather day games... ugh.

I'm also assuming they won't be including time of day progression, like they have in NCAA...

Sometimes...

It truly is the little things, people.

They add up.

coogrfan 04-23-2008 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ausar72 (Post 2038310835)
Sometimes...

It truly is the little things, people.

They add up.

Perhaps, but the big things are still more important. Variable weather is a mere extra, online lag is a game killer.

EA has it's priorities straight here, imo.

MassNole 04-23-2008 10:11 AM

Wait didn't they have some tie-in with the Weather Channel last year where the weather would be the actual weather in the location when the game was played (at least they did in NCAA).

umd 04-23-2008 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MassNole (Post 2038310940)
Wait didn't they have some tie-in with the Weather Channel last year where the weather would be the actual weather in the location when the game was played (at least they did in NCAA).

only offline in exhibition (?) I believe. Franchise was so busted I can't remember if it was in there with all the other problems.

ausar72 04-23-2008 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coogrfan (Post 2038310929)
Perhaps, but the big things are still more important. Variable weather is a mere extra, online lag is a game killer.

EA has it's priorities straight here, imo.

Yeah but with this outlook, it will never end. They will always put stuff on hold, with the great "improving gameplay" argument. But in reality how much has the gameplay really improved on this series.

It's always an excuse to say wait for the little things until next year.

I agree lag is an issue, but really boring lack-of-any-feature gameplay is almost just as bad. The game is a boring mess to play online.

coogrfan 04-23-2008 11:00 AM

I hear you, ausar. But if one has to choose between fixing something that is bad and something that's almost as bad, well...