Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   historic teams in finns editor (/forums/showthread.php?t=247849)

kyser01 04-28-2008 08:13 PM

historic teams in finns editor

How do you change historic teams in the editor if all the teams are already in one zip? Also how do you get historic teams into one zip if you have them all in seperate zip files.

capa 04-29-2008 07:31 AM

Re: historic teams in finns editor

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyser01 (Post 2038324654)
How do you change historic teams in the editor if all the teams are already in one zip? Also how do you get historic teams into one zip if you have them all in seperate zip files.

You have to unzip (Winzip) all the teams from the "master" zip file to a folder. Then you can read in whatever historic team file you want. These are also individual zip files, but do not unzip the actual team file...just the "master" file that houses them all.

C

kyser01 04-29-2008 04:23 PM

Thanks for the response. I dl puja great teams roster and on his page he said if you wanted to maybe sub out say the 92' cowboys for the 77 cowboys that it could be done in about two mins in finns editor. I would greatly appreciate it if you could tell how this is done. Thanks a lot.

puja21 04-29-2008 05:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
kyser:

1) DL the attachment from this post & unzip the file inside to your desktop (Cowboys'77.2K5team)

2) open the roster in Finn's editor & navigate to the cowboys

3) right-click the cowboys team name at the top & choose import team

4) select the file from step one to import over the 92 cowboys

*you will have to fix the cowboys' depth chart after doing this

kyser01 04-29-2008 06:37 PM

Thanks for the info. I did exactly what you said and it gave me an error message that said... invalid team export file. process aborted. I dont know why it said export since i was trying to import. It did allow me to export a team though. Do you have a link to some of the extra historic teams that you mentioned on your page? Thanks again for all of your help.

puja21 04-30-2008 12:34 AM

hmmm maybe because i exported that 77 team on an old version of the editor

instead, try opening the actual zipped teamfile in Finn's editor for the 77 Cowboys (from Capas teams). ie open it so you can see the players just like you would open a roster or franchise

export that team by right clicking on the name... then import it the same way over the 92 cowboys in the great teams roster

kyser01 04-30-2008 04:39 AM

It worked! thanks again for taking the time to help me out. GO COWBOYS!

puja21 04-30-2008 01:59 PM

glad to hear it... enjoy

FYI: i'm going to tweak that great teams roster after i finish 08-09 so it has the old uniforms defaulted, the correct shell defenses/PBs, better coach appearances, etc