Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   NCAA Football 09 Owen Schmitt vs DeSean Jackson OS Exclusive Video (/forums/showthread.php?t=248772)

Steve_OS 05-08-2008 09:51 PM

NCAA Football 09 Owen Schmitt vs DeSean Jackson OS Exclusive Video

At my recent trip to EA Vancouver, I had the opportunity to video Owen Schmitt and DeSean Jackson, as they played against each other in NCAA Football 09.

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="300" data="http://www.vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=991411&amp;server=www.vimeo. com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byl ine=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color="> <param name="quality" value="best" /> <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /> <param name="scale" value="showAll" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=991411&amp;server=www.vimeo. com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byl ine=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=" /></object>

Can you tell I'm an expert at the camcorder?

jfsolo 05-08-2008 10:02 PM

Re: NCAA Football 09 Owen Schmitt vs DeSean Jackson OS Exclusive Video

A positive that I can see in the vid is that neither of the INT's were pick 6's.

drlw322 05-08-2008 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfsolo (Post 2038346581)
A positive that I can see in the vid is that neither of the INT's were pick 6's.

and both were the players fault and not the super human DB or LB. i also saw that at the end of the a tackle when you near close to a uninvolved player, they no longer fall like a bowling pin. instead they try to avoid it.

bad_philanthropy 05-08-2008 10:14 PM

I kind of like what I see, most of the big offensive plays were because of poor play calling on defense, the biggest drawback is definitely the QB's ability to escape the pocket because the DE play is rubbish. You did see the QB's not throwing the ball as well because they did not have their feet set. I think on both of Schmitt's INT's he had the QB throwing off his back foot. Also, no ridiculous pass defense plays by DB's or LB's! DE play aside, with some slider adjustments this game could be seriously entertaining.

It was also a cool animation when the player got driven out of bound but didn't go down and he sort of swatted the defender's arm away from him after the play.

Rocky 05-08-2008 10:17 PM

LOL at Schmitt getting all the composure questions wrong.

Anyways, it's not groundbreaking gameplay wise....but it'll do for online dynasties.

Solidice 05-08-2008 10:20 PM

Poor, poor, Owen. not sure what Level they were playing at, but the accuracy of the throws while on the run weren't as good as '08. in fact 2 were picked off.(i think he was running on both of them)

base on some of the vids so far, I'm going to be terrible on Defense in '09. :(

countryboy 05-08-2008 10:25 PM

lol @ DeSean trying the hurry up offensive of attack after being tackled at the one.

countryboy 05-08-2008 10:28 PM

I think its safe to say that Owen won't be involved in any trick plays at the next level where he is asked to throw the football.