Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Operation Sports Content and Other News (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Top Individual Achievments in Sports Games (/forums/showthread.php?t=249233)

RaychelSnr 05-13-2008 08:18 PM

Top Individual Achievments in Sports Games

Richard Chavez checks in this week with an article talking about the most impressive individual achievements in sports video games. Have any others you'd like to add onto the list or have you accomplished any of them? Be sure to let us know!
Quote:

"When you play sports games, the goal for your team is to win the championship in whatever you are playing. However, you also want the individuals on your team to make a name for themselves as well. The four achievements I am about to talk on today all signify important individual achievements."

Cabke 05-13-2008 09:23 PM

I definitely know what losing that perfect game is like. I hung a changeup with one out left to give up a homerun. At least I got the one hitter.

Great article.

Dylema 05-13-2008 09:42 PM

I'm excited when ever I can get a double double in choops let alone a triple double.

CMH 05-14-2008 03:41 PM

Re: Top Individual Achievments in Sports Games

Yea, I remember trying hard to get triple-doubles with guys like Anthony Mason in early Live days. The one time I did it was against my brother and it made the victory that much sweeter.

No-hitters are also great achievements. I've only done it in one game: Tony La Russa Baseball '95 for Genesis. I ended up throwing I think four no-hitters in the four+ years I played the heck out of that title.

I even kept a little piece of paper inside the case keeping track of my no-hitters, one-hitters, and 3-HR Games. I'm pretty sure if I open up that case right now that piece of paper would fall out.

One time I struck out 21 hitters with Melido Perez of the NY Yankees in World Series Baseball for Genesis. I can't remember the year but it was the first WSB. That was an awesome finish.

I've considered going after real milestones but never really tried. I'm talking like 100 points in a game with a basketball player. Might have to give it a shot sometime. But I'd only try to do it realistically. Any other way and I'd just get bored by the 2nd quarter.

Radja 05-14-2008 06:03 PM

i think the most realistic feeling is the perfect game. after a while the pressure builds up and you start your in head count down. around the 7th and 8th you start focusing more. the pressure is now great, especially if you are up a lot of runs, because now you are pitching solely for the no-no.

for me at least, i always give it up to the guy i should strike out, not the 3-4-5 hitters. i always seem to relax just a touch with them and then... one hitter.

i have had 18 K games, a bunch of one hitters, and even games i retired the last 25 to 27 in a row, but the no hitter/perfect game eludes me every time.

JBucc 05-14-2008 06:35 PM

Re: Top Individual Achievments in Sports Games

I pitched a perfect game in MVP 05 with Runelvys Hernandez of all people. I only had six strikeouts, and everything else just went right to me.

Also recently in MLB 2k8 I had the CPU had a perfect game against me with Johan Santana.