Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden 09: Tackling Engine Blog & Video (/forums/showthread.php?t=249344)

beau21 05-14-2008 11:17 PM

Madden 09: Tackling Engine Blog & Video

EA Sports have updated their Madden NFL 09 blog with tackling engine details and a video clip.

Quote:

"One of our primary pet-peeves in Madden NFL has been in the responsiveness of tackling. We wanted to feel like as a ballcarrier or defender you are always in more control. The feeling of delay before a tackle started really took away from responsiveness. Also the "suction" you get when being pulled into tackles, well, sucks. We found that the cause of the delay was searching through our 300 and some odd tackles for one that "matched" the current scenario as close as we can, and while this may only take 1/10th to 1/4th of second, I found that delay un-acceptable. So we invented a whole new way to tackle this year."

coogrfan 05-14-2008 11:26 PM

Re: New Blog And Video (Tackling Engine)

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. :D

adub88 05-14-2008 11:30 PM

Looks pretty good, can't wait to crack someone with Bob Sanders.

stmark 05-14-2008 11:35 PM

very nice...but watch people start to complain and nit pick give ut about 10min.lol

DubTrey1 05-14-2008 11:36 PM

Wow. Just wow. And he did this at his desk he says? The guys is one heck of a video editor as well....Anyway, this is now the official moment I look forward to this franchise since it came onto the 360 scene. Looks verrrryyyy good.

adub88 05-14-2008 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stmark (Post 2038358024)
very nice...but watch people start to complain and nit pick give ut about 10min.lol

For real lol. We're getting a pretty good amount of info considering the time of year.

SageInfinite 05-14-2008 11:43 PM

Sign me up. It sounds great how we can manually break tackles. Why couldn't they put this in NCAA as well!?!?!? I'm still not feeling the WWE style tackles(shoulder charges, clothes lines ect....), but the wrap tackles look good. 1 thing is for sure, the graphics are SICKKKKKKKKKK this year. Wow.

TeeDogg 05-14-2008 11:44 PM

my hats off to EA for hiring this guy and at least making the efforts to upgrade their engine to give us the the things weve been asking for. even though madden and ncaa 08 still werent where i wanted them to be, i must admit EA is realy starting to focus their efforts on the things weve been asking them to. im actually looking forward to trying maddan and NCAA this year

by the way ive been one of EA's bigest critics the last few years