Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   ? About editing rosters (/forums/showthread.php?t=251282)

Fu Man Ching 06-04-2008 08:06 AM

? About editing rosters

Ok. I do know there is a search button and have been using it for the past two hours trying to figure some this out.

I have 2k5 or the 36o. I have jsou's rosters/and franchise file with updated schedule. It is all working and great. I just want to add some players to his roster and make some tweaks. I thought maybe I could use Finn's editor for this but I guess you can not create players in the program. You have to do it in the game.Could be wrong. Just learning how to use the program.

Follow me now.:cool: I want to take my updated roster and send it to my PC so I can use Finns editor. I connected my HDD and and transfer cable. Opened up xport. I Looked in the part 3 folder/compatiblity/Udata/tdata fodlers but I can't find the roster in there.
I can't figure out which one is the roster or where it is? Also once I do find it. How do I turn it into a file that finns editor can read? I think I figured out how to import export /schedule. I guess I'll have to wait until I figure this out before I should say that.

FlyingFinn 06-04-2008 10:34 AM

Re: ? About editing rosters

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fu Man Ching (Post 2038401104)
Ok. I do know there is a search button and have been using it for the past two hours trying to figure some this out.

I have 2k5 or the 36o. I have jsou's rosters/and franchise file with updated schedule. It is all working and great. I just want to add some players to his roster and make some tweaks. I thought maybe I could use Finn's editor for this but I guess you can not create players in the program. You have to do it in the game.Could be wrong. Just learning how to use the program.

Follow me now.:cool: I want to take my updated roster and send it to my PC so I can use Finns editor. I connected my HDD and and transfer cable. Opened up xport. I Looked in the part 3 folder/compatiblity/Udata/tdata fodlers but I can't find the roster in there.
I can't figure out which one is the roster or where it is? Also once I do find it. How do I turn it into a file that finns editor can read? I think I figured out how to import export /schedule. I guess I'll have to wait until I figure this out before I should say that.

There is no easy way to no what is what when dealing with the 360. However, the roster you are looking for will be in a strange numbered subfolder in:

Partition 3\Compatibility\Xbox 1\UDATA\53450030

Just open the folders 1 at a time. If the subfolder doesn't contain 4 files (Savegame.DAT TYPE, EXTRA, SaveMeta.xbx) then it is not what you are after. Also, the SaveGame.DAT file should be bigger the 200 KB). Once you find a folder that meets those requirements, extract the SaveMeta.xbx to your Desktop. Open it with notepad to see what the gamesave name is. If it is the one you are after, delete the SaveMeta.xbx from your desktop and Extract that folder to your desktop. To make it easier on you next time, I keep a text document that contains the actual save name that matches a folder name:

i.e. Buc2007 = 6B327B613DAA

That way I know as long I keep saving the file as the same name, I will know which folder in Partition 3\Compatibility\Xbox 1\UDATA\53450030 is the one I am after.

Fire up the latest version of the editor (I posted a new version earlier in the week) and click the xbox360 icon and browse to the folder you just extracted or just drag the folder from you desktop on drop on the PC editor window.

Hope this helps,
Finn

puja21 06-04-2008 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fu Man Ching (Post 2038401104)
I thought maybe I could use Finn's editor for this but I guess you can not create players in the program. You have to do it in the game.Could be wrong. Just learning how to use the program.

all new players are created by overwriting old players in the editor. ie change retired Warren Sapp into Lorenzo Alexander...

Fu Man Ching 06-04-2008 07:28 PM

Thanks Finn. I got it to work.

Pujos. Does that mean I can't just create a player and add on to existing rosters. What is the reason for that. Sorry if it has been answered several times. I really wish I got into this game earlier. I'm really having a blast. Too bad my friends are too stuck in thier ways to aappreciate this game with me.

puja21 06-05-2008 01:12 AM

you can try that if you want & youd probably be fine, but i just wouldnt recommend it. roster integrity can be dicey & avoiding use of CAPs is one way to help keep them running smooth

Fu Man Ching 06-05-2008 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puja21 (Post 2038403595)
you can try that if you want & youd probably be fine, but i just wouldnt recommend it. roster integrity can be dicey & avoiding use of CAPs is one way to help keep them running smooth

ok. Cool . Thanks. Now when can I get your rosters to try them out. :)

FunNgun034 06-07-2008 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puja21 (Post 2038401750)
all new players are created by overwriting old players in the editor. ie change retired Warren Sapp into Lorenzo Alexander...

or....Glenn Dorsey afterall hes projected to be just as good as sapp...

storcka9 06-11-2008 09:49 PM

i was wondering if it was possible to move a player from free agents to a team and move a player from a team to free agents in finn's editor? thanks

Storcka