Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Operation Sports Content and Other News (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   66 Years Old and Still Gaming Strong (/forums/showthread.php?t=251941)

RaychelSnr 06-10-2008 12:32 PM

66 Years Old and Still Gaming Strong

What happens when a 66 year old man comes onto a video games message board looking for a challenge? You get the story of MaddenMania's poundtherock. Check out the article, 66 Years Old and Still Gaming Strong, to read up on poundtherock's unique story.
Quote:

"Most gamers hope they will still be alive to enjoy life at 66-years-old much less feel chipper enough to still play video games in their spare time. For MaddenMania user poundtherock, this is the story of his life."

Steve_OS 06-10-2008 12:47 PM

Congrats to poundtherock. Very inspirational story.

daflyboys 06-10-2008 12:57 PM

Re: 66 Years Old and Still Gaming Strong

Interesting story....but the last part of how he wants to be buried is kind of bizarre.

Poundtherock 06-10-2008 01:10 PM

Thanks for the kind words, Chris and Steve. Hope that it will help many to continue gaming in their "elderly" years.

RaychelSnr 06-10-2008 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poundtherock (Post 2038414840)
Thanks for the kind words, Chris and Steve. Hope that it will help many to continue gaming in their "elderly" years.

I hope so too man, I'm probably going to print out this article and whenever I feel like I am getting too old I'll just look at the headline and suck it up :D

computerlover 06-10-2008 03:20 PM

just reached the 40 year old plateau and i thought i was old for this... naaah im just joshin.. i will game to i cant game no more.. then i will watch others game..

Poundtherock.. i can beat cha on the gaming front.. my first video game was PONG!! lol! and i had it up until my aunt passed, then her son threw everything away! my sears atari 2600 clone, tele-games! (man im old) the atari 7200, lynx, i had a 3DO box, all the ps boxes, xbox and 360, and computers from the trs-80 on.. man.. what a collection i had!

grunt 06-10-2008 04:47 PM

Great story. Keep pounding the rock.

jeetaa6 06-10-2008 06:21 PM

i'm at 43 and am probably part of the elder video gaming class, but pound has me feeling young again! that's pretty cool that he still plays Madden. it's become my hobby (vs. woodworking, painting, cars, etc...). it's something i like to do after my wife and kids have gone to bed(and yes, before they've gone to bed at times as well!!). ;) exlusively sports games for me, too.

keep it going, pound!