Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   APF 2K Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Playstation 3 roster file with 20 added players (/forums/showthread.php?t=252916)

spit_bubble 06-19-2008 10:36 AM

Playstation 3 roster file with 20 added players

Here is a roster file for the Playstation 3 with 20 added players. I did one full team (2 gold, 3 silver, 6 bronze) and then added three "back-ups" for each category.

Admittedly, some of the players are underrated and could very well be in the next higher category. But I had to use a liberal approach to get the players I wanted in the file.

Facial appearances are off, as the editor is pretty limited, but the rest is accurate. Here is the list of the players in the file:

Gold

SS - Kenny Easley
G- Bruce Matthews
OLB- Lawrence Taylor
FB- Jim Brown
CB- Deion Sanders

Silver

RB- Jim Thorpe
QB- Steve McNair
WR- John Stallworth
T- Gary Zimmerman
DE- Richard Dent
OLB- Pat Swilling

Bronze

WR- Al Toon
ILB- Levon Kirkland
CB- Dave Brown
TE- Mark Bavaro
WR- Mark Duper
QB- Don Majkowski
FS- Wes Hopkins
DT- Gilbert Brown
T- Jimbo Covert

spit_bubble 06-21-2008 05:40 AM

Re: Playstation 3 roster file with 20 added players

Terribly sorry... This was my first time creating players for this game...

Jim Brown just does NOT work as a FB. So I've changed him to a RB, and also given him QUICK FEET instead of STAMINA BONUS.

He also has POWER (2nd level shoulder charge and stiff arm) and BRANCHING TACKLES (better tap X ability). My original idea was to make him a powerful, bruising back who wore down the opponent. Turns out fullbacks are pretty slow even if you give them SPEED BURNER, so it just did not feel like Jim Brown at all.

Works out much better as a RB with QUICK FEET, POWER, and BRANCHING TACKLES because he becomes a bruising inside runner that is hard to take down. Plus at the RB position there's no need to substitute him out of the FB slot in the playbook.

So here is the corrected file...

And for the few people that downloaded it already... And by chance already created a playbook (edit: and/or uniforms) that they don't want to redo... Just delete Jim Brown and create him again as a RB with QUICK FEET, POWER (shoulder and stiff arm), and BRANCHING TACKLES... Along with the following:

GOLD
6'2"
232 lbs
DOB = 2-17-54 (actual year is 36, but game won't go lower)
Syracuse
Normal Size Body
Two Bar Helmet, Old School Version
White Elbow Pads

And have fun plowing over fools with the legend Jim Brown...

It helps too to put the sliders in your favor by boosting human run ability and dropping cpu tackling, because it seems at the default it's a bit hard to break tackles, even on PRO... Maybe it's just me though.

LingeringRegime 06-21-2008 07:08 PM

Thank you!!!

spit_bubble 06-23-2008 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRETCHARUSS (Post 2038441446)
Thank you!!!

:star:

Glad to know there are at least a handful of people out there enjoying this game.

I swear I see used copies of it at just about every game shop I go to.

LingeringRegime 06-23-2008 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koshi (Post 2038443883)
:star:

Glad to know there are at least a handful of people out there enjoying this game.

I swear I see used copies of it at just about every game shop I go to.

It is the most underrated console sports game of all time. Every single time a play a game I see or hear something new.

spit_bubble 07-07-2008 10:03 PM

Another update... The final one...

I decided to go ahead and try my best at editing the player's faces, printing out pictures and rendering them as close as I could. As noted above, the face editor is pretty limited... And not very easy to use, I might add... But they now at least sort of resemble their real life counterpart.

marzi21 07-13-2008 03:57 PM

Would you please help with opening thses in the ps3. I downloaded the file and unzipped them, but on my thumb drive it says no files when put into the ps3.

help please

spit_bubble 07-13-2008 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marzi21 (Post 2038495758)
Would you please help with opening thses in the ps3. I downloaded the file and unzipped them, but on my thumb drive it says no files when put into the ps3.

help please

You need to put the unzipped folder, titled "BLUS...", into a folder titled "SAVEDATA", and then put that folder into a folder titled "ps3".