Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Operation Sports Content and Other News (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Gorging On Grappling: Wrestling Games in 2008-2009 (/forums/showthread.php?t=252957)

RaychelSnr 06-19-2008 03:19 PM

Gorging On Grappling: Wrestling Games in 2008-2009

Wil McCombs checks in today with a look at all of the upcoming wrestling games for the next 6-12 months or so. Check out his article, Gorging on Grappling: Wrestling Games in 2008-2009.

Quote:

"Not to say that I’m not a little skeptical. Like all new, and (so-called) revolutionary features, there is the possibility for abysmal failure. Because this system is based upon combining different animations, it could be difficult to create a maneuver that isn’t rather funky-looking. But I choose to remain cautiously optimistic."

Chibi 06-20-2008 09:58 AM

I loathe TNA's idiotic television offerings, but the early word about the game has actually made me reasonably excited about it. On the other hand, WWE's TV programming has soldiered on, being generally quite solid (especially the gem that was ECW circa mid-to-late 2007), while THQ runs the SvR series into the ground with tragicomic game after tragicomic game. I haven't honestly enjoyed an SvR game since 2006, and the series has been in a tailspin since "Here Comes the Pain."

A lot of the problems I have with TNA as a company can be solved by the simple conversion to the video game format, and the most satisfying experience of the entire game may very well be turning the commentary off.

DC 06-22-2008 12:14 AM

Re: Gorging On Grappling: Wrestling Games in 2008-2009

Fire Pro Wrestling; forget new wrestling games