Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Online Dynasty questions and answers from those who know! (/forums/showthread.php?t=253767)

muggins 06-27-2008 10:07 AM

Online Dynasty questions and answers from those who know!

I've had a bunch of questions aboot online dynasty and I can't find a good thread to post them in anymore. My question for today:

How does scheduling work? Does it work exactly like a normal dynasty? If I had 8 users, with 4 in one conf and 4 in another, could I stipulate that they had to schedule at least 2 OOC games against users and have that work? (as long as they had open schedule dates etc.)

Skyboxer 06-27-2008 10:20 AM

Re: Online Dynasty questions and answers from those who know!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mugginns (Post 2038454976)
I've had a bunch of questions aboot online dynasty and I can't find a good thread to post them in anymore. My question for today:

How does scheduling work? Does it work exactly like a normal dynasty? If I had 8 users, with 4 in one conf and 4 in another, could I stipulate that they had to schedule at least 2 OOC games against users and have that work? (as long as they had open schedule dates etc.)

Yep. You got it. We are following the real schedule for year 1. After that every player has to schedule at least 3 human teams every year(Unless they are already scheduled to play 3 humans in thier conference games.)

muggins 06-27-2008 10:35 AM

Cool.

One thing I pulled from the roster updates forum -

The rosters (named, positions etc.) are pulled from whatever the commish chooses. That is pretty cool.

stewaat 06-27-2008 11:08 AM

Only the commissioner can set the schedule so you better have somebody who is going to communicate with all the members and try to make the schedule as the members want.

Commissioners are going to be important this year.

Skyboxer 06-27-2008 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewaat (Post 2038455042)
Only the commissioner can set the schedule so you better have somebody who is going to communicate with all the members and try to make the schedule as the members want.

One thing I'm glad we're doing is allowing for different conferences.
I wouldn't want to play in a single conference league.
Just my preference.

muggins 06-27-2008 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewaat (Post 2038455042)

Ahhh... good update. That may be annoying :(

jwb0581 06-27-2008 02:29 PM

How are you going to handle which players get to pick which teams? For example an SEC dynasty: Whoever gets LSU or UF is at a huge advantage in terms of talent and recruiting over whoever gets Vandy or Ole Miss.

Is there a way to create a roster file with identically-rated players for all user controlled teams?

Just seems a level playing field would be the fairest way to do it.

Brandwin 06-27-2008 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyboxer (Post 2038455060)
One thing I'm glad we're doing is allowing for different conferences.
I wouldn't want to play in a single conference league.
Just my preference.

I agree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwb0581 (Post 2038455423)
How are you going to handle which players get to pick which teams? For example an SEC dynasty: Whoever gets LSU or UF is at a huge advantage in terms of talent and recruiting over whoever gets Vandy or Ole Miss.

Is there a way to create a roster file with identically-rated players for all user controlled teams?

Just seems a level playing field would be the fairest way to do it.

Well personaly I wouldn't do an online dynasty where everyone is in the same conference, to me the beauty of online dynasty is not having everyone in the same conference and letting everyone pick their favorite team. It's too hard to get people to schedule their games and play when every game is head to head. If you have guys pick their favorite teams and it ends up being a max of 3 guys per conference, it's a lot easier to get through mutliple seasons because you don't have to worry about guys schedules lining up to play.

If you are doing a conference only league, I guess you could pick names from a hat.