Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Operation Sports Content and Other News (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   NBA 2K9 Declining Player Rating Projections (/forums/showthread.php?t=253779)

RaychelSnr 06-27-2008 12:25 PM

NBA 2K9 Declining Player Rating Projections

Operation Sports' resident ratings expert Richard Chavez checks in today with an article taking a look at some NBA players who should expect to see their digital counterparts' ratings fall this season in NBA 2k9. Check out Chavez's article, NBA 2K9 Declining Player Rating Projections.

Quote:

"With the NBA Draft finally over, teams and fans can look forward to all the young guys they team have and who they can look forward to seeing in 2008-2009. What about the veterans who are on the decline? In this article, I am going to analyze five players who are not like fine wine and are indeed getting worse as the years pass."

Jcon77 06-27-2008 12:57 PM

All fair observations. The only one I can come close to questioning is Duncan. He was not exactly getting the outside help he has in the past several years either. Every defense collapsed on him like never before. I guess thats what happens when your point guard can't hit anything from outside 5 feet.

buttons0662 06-27-2008 01:02 PM

IMO... You are out of your MIND!!! ... J.Kidd almost avereged...AVERAGED a TRIPLE DOUBLE last year!!! ... YES.. He couldn't defend Chris Paul ... but this is CHRIS PAUL people. I would decrease his "Speed" but Kidd still has the Handle, Passing Ability, and Awareness he always had ... a drop is expected ... But Kidd ain't dropping past 90.

Tim DUNCAN... 94... WHAT!!!???!!! ... No Way is DIRK, Dwight Howard better that TIMAY!!! NEVER ... Tim = 99 or on par with KG ... I HATE San Antonio & Timmy by the way so this ain't "Fan Boyism" ... just have RESPET for his game

Steve Nash ... 92... don't like him ... thats fine with me ... he is still a Star ... but if Nash is a 92 then Kidd has to be 90, 91

SHAQ ... I love Shaq ... How his A** taste Kobe??? ... 83 is just disrespectful ... so what you are saying is Shaq = ANDREW BOGUT ? ... that J. O'Neal is the better O'Neal ... That Kaman, Okafor, Camby, Dalembert are BETTER that the Diesel ... NO WAY!!!

Ray "All most FINALS MVP" Allen .. rating is gonna drop? Yes he stunk it up during Boston's run to the Finals but he showed up when they NEEDED him. So a 6 point drop...Maybe ... but I dont see it

Just My Opinion
Buttons

lovesnikes 06-27-2008 01:18 PM

buttons im sorry but right now shaq is way to old at 36. he wasnt dominant at all last year he was just a solid role player. with the suns he averaged 8 points and 5 rebounds which actually Camby, Dalembert, Okafor, and kaman average much better then those stats. im sorry hes done but hes funny good rapper. i kind of agree with you on Timmy he should at least be a 96or 97 but hes no 99 bud, hes not on par with kg ur comparing him with players like kobe and lebron who have 99. oh yea dwight howard dominated shaq each time they played. dwight averaged 20 and 14 last year hes really the best center in the game right now. honestly ray allen is no 86. hes at least a 89. to be on the team he was on and still average 18 points a game....are u serious basically hes a shooter and its very hard for them to score that much anyway but having to play wit two other stars like paul and kevin wow hes still pretty good

Altimus 06-27-2008 01:24 PM

No way Duncan takes a hit like that; nor Ray Allen. I see Shaq taking a huge hit this year, maybe even more than predicted.

DTX3 06-27-2008 01:36 PM

Re: NBA 2K9 Declining Player Rating Projections

Wow, im surprised at Allen dropping so much.

Smokez4DAyz 06-27-2008 02:07 PM

I just hope the Knicks players are not downgraded because of Isiah's lack of prep. Its been said by opposing scouts, that Knicks ran no more than a two pass offense, and a protect Eddy defense, hence all the threes they gave up this year. I believe the Knicks will get D'antoni's play style set. And Crawford will get a slight upgrade with everyone else staying the same.

CMH 06-27-2008 03:54 PM

Re: NBA 2K9 Declining Player Rating Projections

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokez4DAyz (Post 2038455389)
I just hope the Knicks players are not downgraded because of Isiah's lack of prep. Its been said by opposing scouts, that Knicks ran no more than a two pass offense, and a protect Eddy defense, hence all the threes they gave up this year. I believe the Knicks will get D'antoni's play style set. And Crawford will get a slight upgrade with everyone else staying the same.

So you also agree that Isiah Thomas has indirectly affected the ratings of star players like Ray Allen and Jason Kidd.

When will Thomas' wrath end?

But on to the article. Solid projections with reasonable explanations. I don't agree with all of them. I think you are hitting some guys too hard but at least you backed yourself up.

I always look forward to your articles Mr. Chavez and this one is no different.