Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Operation Sports Content and Other News (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Drafting is a Drag in NBA Games (/forums/showthread.php?t=254453)

RaychelSnr 07-03-2008 12:26 PM

Drafting is a Drag in NBA Games

Ryan Spencer checks in today with a look at what is going wrong with NBA games and their portrayal of the draft. Check out his article, Drafting is a Drag in NBA Games.

Quote:

"The importance of the NBA Draft is undeniable. So why do basketball video games treat the NBA Draft as an obstacle rather than a crucial event for the future of a franchise? Though ESPN has increased and improved coverage of the NBA lottery and draft throughout the years, NBA-licensed video games have insisted on keeping the draft a dull, tedious experience. This article is dedicated to presenting ideas on how to better represent the spectacle that is the NBA Draft."

MillerTime89 07-03-2008 12:42 PM

this is the only reason why i dont buy EA's basketball games... they don't have an import draft class option.. 2K Sports does fortunately and hopefully EA will implement it in the future.. if not, i am quite satisfied with NBA 2K series!

Scott 07-03-2008 01:26 PM

Re: Drafting is a Drag in NBA Games

You would think EA would follow the route of NCAA Football...

XuanWu 07-03-2008 01:32 PM

Amen.

ChicagoSparty 07-03-2008 03:13 PM

I agree wholeheartedly with this. I just drafted last night. What a bore.

Mhancock 07-03-2008 04:18 PM

Why aren't any of us working for EA? I mean, do they have any knowledge of the game through the eyes of an actual fan? The draft should be just like the draft on the New Head Coach, and I hate playing March Madness knowing that I'm basically recruiting for nothing in terms of sending a kid to the NBA after two seasons.

dubeau 07-04-2008 07:57 AM

A "Slingshot overtake" should resolve your drafting issue in NBA...

Seriously, if you played MVP05, you would know how much EA love putting enerving menus for useless purposes (Do you really want to save ? Do you really want to quit ?). I am actually surprised nobody in the EA team actually notice that, since the last 3 years...

Freezer Boy 07-04-2008 11:32 AM

yeah I just finished a season on NBA Live 08 and wow the draft was really bad. Once you actually go into the draft you can't even see there height (or at least I couldn't find it), which is pretty big in basketball. I really hope EA improves it next year.