Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Custom sounds are way too much work (/forums/showthread.php?t=255537)

silverdisk93 07-12-2008 03:20 AM

Custom sounds are way too much work

I thought you could cut the songs in the game ala espn 2k5. and you have to make each song its own playlist to use in certain events? man this is lame

Skyboxer 07-12-2008 03:33 AM

Re: Custom sounds are way too much work

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverdisk93 (Post 2038492299)
I thought you could cut the songs in the game ala espn 2k5. and you have to make each song its own playlist to use in certain events? man this is lame

I don't think it's bad at all. Could it be better? Yes but overall it's a great added feature. I'd rather it be the way it is instead of not there at all. We've known for quite some time you had to edit out of game so I don't no why there's surprise now.

Arclight 07-12-2008 04:29 PM

Understanding this: So, if you make your own sound file, you are replacing one that is already in the game?

ExtremeGamer 07-12-2008 04:31 PM

No, you are adding sounds to the game.

It's quite simple to me. I liked how easy it was. I took each track, for example. I used Hells Bells for 3rd and 4th downs for OSU.

So I ripped it to the 360, named the playlist for that one song, Hells Bells - 3rd/4th down. Then I go to the game, choose OSU, choose 3rd down, and choose the Hells Bells play list. Now everytime it's a 3rd down for the opponent at the Horseshoe, Hells Bells plays.

AirLobo23 07-12-2008 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer (Post 2038493314)

It's quite simple to me. I liked how easy it was. I took each track, for example. I used Hells Bells for 3rd and 4th downs for OSU.

So I ripped it to the 360, named the playlist for that one song, Hells Bells - 3rd/4th down. Then I go to the game, choose OSU, choose 3rd down, and choose the Hells Bells play list. Now everytime it's a 3rd down for the opponent at the Horseshoe, Hells Bells plays.

Nice, that sounds simple enough

Buke14 07-12-2008 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverdisk93 (Post 2038492299)

I like this feature, So I went ahead and made my playlists in advance so they are ready on release day.

Arclight 07-12-2008 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer (Post 2038493314)

Ok, I get it now.

So, the clips have to be 30 secs or longer?

SlyBelle 07-12-2008 05:18 PM

Although it was a little tedious, it only took me about an hour to complete the entire process for my team. I shouldn't have to do anything with it any further. I agree with others, defintely worth the time and experience.