Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Roster Editing Solution! (/forums/showthread.php?t=255714)

KOL 07-13-2008 04:20 PM

Roster Editing Solution!

This Is The Best News All Week. From earosters.com

I've enjoyed reading the countless posts regarding roster glitches and reading EA's lead team of experts confused responses, but it's time to reveal the reason why I can edit rosters without a problem.

The secret to avoiding glitches/freezing is... (pause) ...taking your system offline. What!?! That's it??? It's not an intentional ploy by EA? You can type in names longer than 11 characters? I don't have to set my clock forward? It doesn't have to do with overwriting the file? Nope! That's it!

I haven't tested the dynasty mode yet, but the root of all evil is when your system is online. EA will have to come up with a patch that fixes the online glitch, but the rosters are fully editable, you just have to edit them offline.

Freezer Boy 07-13-2008 04:23 PM

Re: Roster Editing Solution!

I hope he's right

jdrhammer 07-13-2008 04:24 PM

I hope you're correct. What about year two of your online dynasty and you'd like to edit incoming players??? Is there a solution for this? Is this where you were hoping they'd patch it quickly?

KOL 07-13-2008 04:26 PM

From DT Linder at earosters.com he has just made this game worth every cent.

Tuesday Here We Come!

QB Eagles 07-13-2008 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnglishMet89 (Post 2038495836)
From DT Linder at earosters.com he has just made this game worth every cent.

Tuesday Here We Come!

GO DT!

Solidice 07-13-2008 04:31 PM

yes, but what happens when you get the roster file and are connected online? problem will most likely be back, especially if you start editing player's equipment and stuff. i don't think problem is solved, unless your never connected to the internet when playing NCAA '09.

VolPett 07-13-2008 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linder
I've enjoyed reading the countless posts regarding roster glitches and reading EA's lead team of experts confused responses, but it's time to reveal the reason why I can edit rosters without a problem.

I will never understand why people continually take up for this guy. This quote alone shows what a complete jerk DT is.

KOL 07-13-2008 04:33 PM

I dont have the game myself but wow if this is right then we could be back in business.