Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   I'm Somewhat Dissapointed...we need a new ENGINE (/forums/showthread.php?t=255983)

Lisa_Bonami 07-15-2008 01:14 AM

I'm Somewhat Dissapointed...we need a new ENGINE

I cant help but feel a bit disappointed with the new 09 game. There are too many areas where this game just feels unfinished especially in the tackling physics and some of the QB throwing animations.

The way the QB can just effortlessly and unrealistically heave it downfield looks and feels a bit disjointed. Also when throwing on the run, the QB seems to miss frames of the throw animation which results in a quick release against the body that looks unrealistic

The Jimmy Super FLy Mid Air flying head on tackles are still in the game as well

I've only played 1 game with it so far in my Dynasty, North Carolina versu Syracuse but what I have played let me down a bit.....The flow of the speed of the game from the speedy and cartoony way the players all move to the line of scrimmage to the way the game will switch from fluid smooth speeded gameplay to hyperfast and disjointed robotic pop tart running animations makes the game feel somewhat unpolished and lacks that all around tight feeling.

I am already anticipating Madden 09. I am going to try to enjoy some more games but I can easily see this game grabbing some shelf space real quick....it just doesnt have that totally fluid and buttery smooth tight gameplay that the old XBOX NCAA games used to have

I think their running out of ideas with this franchise and the physics and tackling engine is on its last legs....the gameplay is all over the place

cch99 07-15-2008 01:40 AM

Re: I'm Somewhat Dissapointed...we need a new ENGINE

What's sad is that this is the first gen of games where the new games are totally outdone...IMO by the old games.

Obviously not graphic-wise but gameplay wise. So many things about the old games were better.

WHen Madden came out for the PS2 I was blown away by how much better it was then the PS1 Version. Same deal with the PS1 from the SEGA Genesis.

This time, again except for the graphics, it just feels like a step backwards.

Along with things missing and everything the fun factor, for me, is just not there when i play the new versions. They are just boring.

Maybe I expected too much of a jump since I felt the other jumps were big but this whole jump has been a major letdown for me.

nousername 07-15-2008 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cch99 (Post 2038501537)
What's sad is that this is the first gen of games where the new games are totally outdone...IMO by the old games.

Obviously not graphic-wise but gameplay wise. So many things about the old games were better.

WHen Madden came out for the PS2 I was blown away by how much better it was then the PS1 Version. Same deal with the PS1 from the SEGA Genesis.

This time, again except for the graphics, it just feels like a step backwards.

Along with things missing and everything the fun factor, for me, is just not there when i play the new versions. They are just boring.

Maybe I expected too much of a jump since I felt the other jumps were big but this whole jump has been a major letdown for me.

Here's my honest opinion...EA just doesn't know how to come up with a true next-gen experience...great gameplay with next-gen graphics. Every since NFL 2K5, i've been spoiled...i've been expecting a video game to give me the feeling that i'm watching a real live broadcast of the NFL or NCAA for this matter.

2K5 had next-gen ideas, but last gen graphics(not really that bad) and great gameplay. If you play the NBA 2K series, you truely see what next-gen is about...not only do you get great gameplay, you get the visuals and all of the little things to go along with that...and they trump their previous efforts each year.

I know the 2K football series is gone away for a while, but the fact still remains, 2K Sports was on it's way to creating a REAL next-gen experience every since 2K5.

Truth of the matter is this...EA's football games have been recycled so much for so long...that's why you don't enjoy their games on the next gen systems...you've already played these current EA titles on last gen's systems...how CAN you be excited??

PVarck31 07-15-2008 01:56 AM

Disagree. Game is a vast improvement over 08. I can tolerate the issues for now. But the positives out weigh the negatives for me. I think EA did a great job of making the game fun. IMO they are finally getting a solid grasp on the Next-Gen engine. And post patch COULD make this game one for the books.

jyoung 07-15-2008 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami (Post 2038501475)
..we need a new ENGINE

This is true from a gamer's perspective, but we're not getting a new engine until people actually give the developers a (financial) reason to update the engine.

From a business standpoint (which is what EA and every video game company is, first and foremost), they have no incentive to change their product when people continue to plunk down the $60 year-after-year for marginal updates that don't even work properly out of the box.

cch99 07-15-2008 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjv31 (Post 2038501575)
Disagree. Game is a vast improvement over 08. I can tolerate the issues for now. But the positives out weigh the negatives for me. I think EA did a great job of making the game fun. IMO they are finally getting a solid grasp on the Next-Gen engine. And post patch COULD make this game one for the books.

I was saying more that for me the jump from last gen to next gen wasn't good. As far as 08 being better than 09 you could be 100% correct.

Raelly though it's each individuals opinion that really matters to them. If you are diggin 09 and next gen in general believe me,I wish I was with you and still loving this series.

Fortunately for now I can still play the PS2 version and get that feeling at work i get when i have a big game in dynasty and am thinking about playing it that night and moving up in the rankings or whatever. I loved 08 (PS2) and am sure I will love 09, I may even stick with Madden 09 on the PS2 if I don't like the new action cam.

For me, and I know I am in the minority, felt like 08 was the pinnacle, so far, for the PS2 versions.

PVarck31 07-15-2008 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cch99 (Post 2038501595)
I was saying more that for me the jump from last gen to next gen wasn't good. As far as 08 being better than 09 you could be 100% correct.

Raelly though it's each individuals opinion that really matters to them. If you are diggin 09 and next gen in general believe me,I wish I was with you and still loving this series.

Fortunately for now I can still play the PS2 version and get that feeling at work i get when i have a big game in dynasty and am thinking about playing it that night and moving up in the rankings or whatever. I loved 08 (PS2) and am sure I will love 09, I may even stick with Madden 09 on the PS2 if I don't like the new action cam.

For me, and I know I am in the minority, felt like 08 was the pinnacle, so far, for the PS2 versions.

Hey as long as you have fun thats the most important thing right? I will admit that I played NCAA and Madden on PS2 last year as well, I just didn't like either version of the next gen games. However I think I am ready to move on. And I am really liking 09 so far, and very pumped for madden.

Sparty10 07-15-2008 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami (Post 2038501475)
I cant help but feel a bit disappointed with the new 09 game. There are too many areas where this game just feels unfinished especially in the tackling physics and some of the QB throwing animations.

The way the QB can just effortlessly and unrealistically heave it downfield looks and feels a bit disjointed. Also when throwing on the run, the QB seems to miss frames of the throw animation which results in a quick release against the body that looks unrealistic

The Jimmy Super FLy Mid Air flying head on tackles are still in the game as well

I've only played 1 game with it so far in my Dynasty, North Carolina versu Syracuse but what I have played let me down a bit.....The flow of the speed of the game from the speedy and cartoony way the players all move to the line of scrimmage to the way the game will switch from fluid smooth speeded gameplay to hyperfast and disjointed robotic pop tart running animations makes the game feel somewhat unpolished and lacks that all around tight feeling.

I am already anticipating Madden 09. I am going to try to enjoy some more games but I can easily see this game grabbing some shelf space real quick....it just doesnt have that totally fluid and buttery smooth tight gameplay that the old XBOX NCAA games used to have

I think their running out of ideas with this franchise and the physics and tackling engine is on its last legs....the gameplay is all over the place

Disagree, I feel like this is a great game. I have only played a couple games but i've been very impressed so far.