Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Stadium Sounds (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=170)
-   -   You can stream stadium sounds without burning a CD (/forums/showthread.php?t=256507)

t3g 07-16-2008 08:53 PM

You can stream stadium sounds without burning a CD

2 Attachment(s)
If you previously setup media sharing between your main PC and your Xbox 360 via Windows Media Player 11, it is much easier to stream over the network instead of burning a CDR. The only problem is that the game accepts playlists so you will have to create your own .m3u files for each event and then share on the network.

What I did was created a FSU Stadium Sounds folder on my PC and used Notepad to create m3u files linking to a song. For example I created a FG is Successful.m3u file and typed in the name of the FSU Fight Song.mp3 mp3 in Notepad and saved with a .m3u extension in the same folder. From there I went into WMP11, went to Monitor Folders, and then added the FSU Stadium Sounds folder as one to monitor and share with my 360. It can be work creating new .m3u files for each event (which are playlist files) but it seems to be a way to get them into the game without using a CDR.

I went back into the game and my .m3us now showed up in the Stadium Sounds section of the game and I am good to go! Quick and easy!

In the picture below, the 1st Down Conversion playlist shows up twice but it should only show up once if you only created one file. Its listed twice for me because I was testing out multiple playlists and WMP added it to its database automatically.

mudtiger 07-17-2008 12:29 AM

Re: You can stream stadium sounds without burning a CD

Nice find, thanks for sharing :nchuck: Specially helpful for those that have issues with the 360 not ripping every song off a disc.

I'll have to try this out.

at0micfly 07-17-2008 01:13 AM

I'll try it out. Thanks man! :y220::y220:

free2fawk 07-17-2008 01:43 AM

good **** bro :)

at0micfly 07-17-2008 01:58 AM

I can view the playlists from the dashboard, but not in-game.... what gives? :jpshakehe

free2fawk 07-17-2008 02:20 AM

Yup.The playlists show up in the dash boards but when I get in game its not an option.My guess is because the songs are not ripped on the harddrive.Whats up t3g?

at0micfly 07-17-2008 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by free2fawk (Post 2038510566)
Yup.The playlists show up in the dash boards but when I get in game its not an option.My guess is because the songs are not ripped on the harddrive.Whats up t3g?

Yeah that is what I was thinking too. Because the default "Xbox 360 Custom Mix 1" is the only one that shows up. I've even tried manually making the playlists on the dashboard while streaming the music but I get an error saying that it HAS to be on the HD :nono:

bwiggy33 07-17-2008 04:10 AM

Yeah I figured there was something different you have to do to get this to work. If you look closely the directions are much different than what we all have tried.

T3G can you give us a step by step process or a walkthrough on how to do this? That would be much appreciated!

Thanks!