Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NFL Head Coach (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Is there still time? (/forums/showthread.php?t=257668)

ahunter5 07-22-2008 12:27 AM

Is there still time?

Is there still time for Jason Taylor and Jeremy Shockey to be placed on their new teams? Also, I wonder how the Head Coach AI would have felt about these trades. Would the Dolphins have accepted a 2nd and 6th round pick for Taylor? Just curious.

Ninjoid 07-22-2008 01:57 AM

Re: Is there still time?

I believe Madden went gold some weeks back so as the release date of the CE is Aug 12th I would say not - given the time needed to produce the product. We'll have to do it ourselves or wait for the first roster update - which hopefully should be around release time?

ahunter5 07-22-2008 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjoid (Post 2038526680)
I believe Madden went gold some weeks back so as the release date of the CE is Aug 12th I would say not - given the time needed to produce the product. We'll have to do it ourselves or wait for the first roster update - which hopefully should be around release time?

Good call on the roster updates. I seldom play games online, so I don't think about them. I clearly was not thinking when posting that question. Thanks, Ninjoid.

Josh_Looman 07-22-2008 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahunter5 (Post 2038526706)
Good call on the roster updates. I seldom play games online, so I don't think about them. I clearly was not thinking when posting that question. Thanks, Ninjoid.

We're way past the roster cutoff date. In fact, our rosters were final about a day before Strahan retired. It was that far back.

I'm working on the first roster update now, so I will get all of the changes.

x1Blumpkin1x 07-22-2008 01:57 PM

Do the roster updates drop around release time or start of season?

Josh_Looman 07-22-2008 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x1Blumpkin1x (Post 2038527810)
Do the roster updates drop around release time or start of season?

I'm hoping (cross my fingers) that we'll have one the day we release with Madden (8/12) and then the day we come out as a stand alone game. Then we're going to try to have one regularly after that.

ahunter5 07-23-2008 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh_Looman (Post 2038527976)
I'm hoping (cross my fingers) that we'll have one the day we release with Madden (8/12) and then the day we come out as a stand alone game. Then we're going to try to have one regularly after that.

That's awesome news, Josh. Sorry again about my idiocy.

Pure Apathy 07-25-2008 11:18 PM

I'm very happy to see a roster update is being worked on for the release of the game. I don't want to see Benson's face on my roster.