Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Point Blank. Will There Be a Gameplay Patch? (/forums/showthread.php?t=258136)

concretefire 07-24-2008 12:38 PM

Point Blank. Will There Be a Gameplay Patch?

If so, what will it address? What will it not address?

EA, Please answer this. Please note the question. I did not ask for a time frame. Thank you.

callmetaternuts 07-24-2008 12:42 PM

Re: Point Blank. Will There Be a Gameplay Patch?

Quote:

Originally Posted by concretefire (Post 2038534806)
If so, what will it address? What will it not address?

EA, Please answer this. Please note the question. I did not ask for a time frame. Thank you.

No one knows, All Adam (OMT) can tell us is what it MIGHT address. He gave a list in the patch thread as to some of the issues he found, but no guarantees

Quote:

Well, there is some stuff that is already in the patch. This is stuff we identified and started on before the game hit shelves. Now that more issues are coming out we are identifying the ones we want to fix the most. I was going to do an official patch announcement of some kind when I knew, and still will, but I'll give a sneak peak based on what I know cause I love your avatar so much.

We fixed 2 recruiting exploits
Fixed a rare online desynch
Added half time highlights
Changed custom sounds so you can hear your opponent's while on the road
Fixed the exploit that custom sounds will tip you off when your opponent is going to fake punt/kick on 4th down
That's all I can remember off the top of my head. There are some others but I don't have the patch list in front of me as I'm posting at home right now.

It is still up in the air as to the stuff that we didn't have identified until the game went public. They are all on the gameplay team so I am not involved in their decision whether or not to fix them. The NCAA team's top two issues we want fixed is kick coverage and sliders.

It is best to wait on an official announcement, because any of this could change at any minute. I'll let everyone know once everything is locked down and finished, cause I don't want to mislead anyone. ONCE AGAIN, these aren't promises!

stoncold32 07-24-2008 12:42 PM

nm

Danimal 07-24-2008 12:56 PM

As far as I'm concerned they have 18 days to make announcements on the patch and that Online Dynasty are fixed. Otherwise that $40 trade in for Madden is too good to pass up. Especially since early reports on the demo are good.

However I highly doubt they will announce before then for a number of reasons.

bigjake62505 07-24-2008 01:02 PM

<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 2038534866" vAlign=top><TD class=alt2>As far as I'm concerned they have 18 days to make announcements on the patch and that Online Dynasty are fixed. Otherwise that $40 trade in for Madden is too good to pass up. Especially since early reports on the demo are good.

However I highly doubt they will announce before then for a number of reasons.
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2>07-24-2008 11:42 AM</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
You know what sucks about that is you already spend 60 on NCAA then you have to buy another game from the same company that sold you the incomplete junk game. And there is no guarantee that Madden won't be the same glitchy mess that it was last year. As football gamers we are getting screwed.

aciatti 07-24-2008 01:06 PM

Please fix supersim so I can buy the game. I won't until that is fixed.

footballfanatic1 07-24-2008 01:26 PM

I've reached the point where I won't even play the game unless there's a patch. I SuperSim defense because it's simply not fun getting 10-15 yard dump off passes thrown on you all game.

I guess it's back to College Hoops 2K8.

fistofrage 07-24-2008 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footballfanatic1 (Post 2038534949)
I've reached the point where I won't even play the game unless there's a patch. I SuperSim defense because it's simply not fun getting 10-15 yard dump off passes thrown on you all game.

I guess it's back to College Hoops 2K8.

Nothing wrong with playing Choops. Those guys new how to make a patch. It fixed nearly all of the glaring problems, and that from a crew that wasn't even going to be around to make a 2k9.