Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Online League info? (/forums/showthread.php?t=259321)

bgdave39 07-31-2008 01:05 AM

Online League info?

I have noticed the lack of info cominf out regarding online leagues is pretty small. Details are few and not much is known about what is possible or how it works. I am hoping that this thread can be a Wiki of sorts where we can gather all the info about online leagues that are spread around various places on the net into one place.

I'll add the tidbits i know, if anyone else can add anything else, I will add it to this post to keep all the confirmed info in one spot.

Facts:
-Hosts 32 players
-No franchise, only one season
-No website support via EA Sportworld, basically, all the stats, standings etc...are only accesible through the console.

A few unanswered questions to hopefully get the ball rolling:
* Are there traditional divisions (IE AFC South, NFC West, etc...) or are all teams lupmed into one 32 team standings?
* Are their injuries?
*Are there trades?
*Can a commish sim reults or at least change results/ award wins?
*Is there anywhere to upload content, such as news articles or previews?
*If no to the previous, then does the game have news stories, newspaper headlines, or anything of that nature to bring a "media" effect to the league?
*Does the league save locally, like NCAA dynasty, or is it completely online, whereas no one saves a file to their console, they are just constantly uploading and downloading files to keep the mainf ile updated online (a la 2k leagues)?

I have many more questions, but don't want to bog down my thread just yet, hopefully someone can answer a few of these or maybe provide some other info that isnt widely known.

bgdave39 07-31-2008 05:56 PM

Re: Online League info?

Wow, not a single reply. The secrecy in Madden Online Leagues is really starting to make me feel like something is wrong. There is one article that even mentions them from IGN.

Anyone know what the deal is here?

tdoggy57 07-31-2008 05:57 PM

I know there will be reports of them next week

JMD 07-31-2008 05:59 PM

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/870/870503p1.html

FootballDetails 07-31-2008 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdoggy57 (Post 2038557070)
I know there will be reports of them next week

Will there be? That's good.

Are there any plans for an official Operation Sports league?

I'm sure there will be more excitement about leagues once the game is released.

bgdave39 08-01-2008 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMD (Post 2038557075)

That article is like the one article on the net that mentions any details. Weird for such a large feature, that there is virtually no info to be found about it.