Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Can you turn Madden IQ off? (/forums/showthread.php?t=259386)

fistofrage 07-31-2008 01:15 PM

Can you turn Madden IQ off?

It sounds silly that the game gets easier the more mistakes you make. What's the point of using sliders, etc. if the game is going to artificially dumb itself down if the poor wittle playa gets challenged.

Read between the lines people, they want 7 year old Billy to not get frustrated with this game. I'm feeling WIDE OPEN gameplay in the form of stupid defenders ala NCAA.

mrprice33 07-31-2008 01:18 PM

Re: Can you turn Madden IQ off?

for the thousandth time, yes, you can turn it off.

Netherscourge 07-31-2008 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fistofrage (Post 2038556062)
It sounds silly that the game gets easier the more mistakes you make. What's the point of using sliders, etc. if the game is going to artificially dumb itself down if the poor wittle playa gets challenged.

Read between the lines people, they want 7 year old Billy to not get frustrated with this game. I'm feeling WIDE OPEN gameplay in the form of stupid defenders ala NCAA.

It's optional. You can play with IQ on or DEFAULT sliders.

IQ is for people who need help learning the game. Maybe they're good at running but suck at passing.

Well, they make it harder to run and easier to pass so things are more balanced for the individual player.

It doesn't just make it easier to do things you need help with, it also makes it harder to do things you're really good at.

Klocker 07-31-2008 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netherscourge (Post 2038556146)
IQ is for people who need help learning the game.

I actually think even veterans should try it before throwing it out because my theory is some of us are too proud to play on the most appropriate difficulty setting :y7:. OR as you said, we may be great at one aspect and suck at another... this allows us to play at the most realistic difficulty settings for our needs and IMO will result in the most exciting, challenging, fun, single player games.

It may be part of the reason so many people complain about certain aspects of a game. their difficulty level is set too high for one area and not high enough in another.. it causes an imbalance in game play.