Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Hiding Icons Still A Problem (/forums/showthread.php?t=259480)

jdr4693 07-31-2008 10:54 PM

Hiding Icons Still A Problem

Even when the icons disapear, you are still able to hit any of the buttons and throw to that reciever. That totally defeats the purpose EA sports! you should just keep the icons visible because it has no effect if you are still able to throw to the reciecers.

cdon2k 07-31-2008 11:12 PM

Re: Hiding Icons Still A Problem

From playing the demo, I believe accuracy takes a hit when the icons are gone. I've thrown some pretty wonky passes even from a set position when testing this out....

maybe Ian can confirm

gbx34 07-31-2008 11:19 PM

Uhhh thats not the purpose of what it does?

sweetnessx1 08-01-2008 01:04 AM

yea the button icons disappearing has happend to me but only....

when i drop back way too far, that's the only time i had it happen to me, which means it happens for a purpose

Ian_Cummings 08-01-2008 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdr4693 (Post 2038558004)
Even when the icons disapear, you are still able to hit any of the buttons and throw to that reciever. That totally defeats the purpose EA sports! you should just keep the icons visible because it has no effect if you are still able to throw to the reciecers.

I disagree with you on this one. You can always still throw...I think we'd be going too far away from realism to not allow the QB to move his arm when he passes a 15 yard mark. Us removing the icons and hurting accuracy highly discourages the tactic...which was the overall goal and intent.

SoxFan01605 08-01-2008 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdr4693 (Post 2038558004)

so you're saying a QB shouldn't be able to throw without the icons? I'm not sure I agree. I thought the point was to give a major hit to passing when you go back too far...not disable it entirely. I may be wrong though.

SoxFan01605 08-01-2008 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFuture15 (Post 2038558513)
I disagree with you on this one. You can always still throw...I think we'd be going too far away from realism to not allow the QB to move his arm when he passes a 15 yard mark. Us removing the icons and hurting accuracy highly discourages the tactic...which was the overall goal and intent.

lol...looks like I posted too late. Thanks for clarifying. By the way...don't you have another thread to be attending to;)...lol