Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   NCAA Football 09 Patch Details (Pasta Padre) (/forums/showthread.php?t=259704)

hdaniel1 08-02-2008 12:03 AM

NCAA Football 09 Patch Details (Pasta Padre)

Pasta Padre has posted more patch details for NCAA Football 09.

Quote:

"The complete list of what is being fixed in the second patch is now available thanks to producer Adam Thompson. This patch is expected to be submitted to MS/Sony today which means it could potentially arrive before September if things go smoothly."

dkrause1971 08-02-2008 12:24 AM

Re: NCAA Football 09 Patch Details (Pasta Padre)

Did this sentence make anyone else nervous-
"The first patch, which fixes the player editing issues, may be out as early as next week."

Maybe out as early as next week? Lord

mrprice33 08-02-2008 12:32 AM

well, if you've paid any attention to how the patch process works, it's in ms and sony's hands now, so they cannot give a definitive date. so yes, it may be out as early as next week, but sony/ms could delay it for whatever reason.

xV3L0CiTY 08-02-2008 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkrause1971 (Post 2038561843)
Did this sentence make anyone else nervous-
"The first patch, which fixes the player editing issues, may be out as early as next week."

Maybe out as early as next week? Lord

You do realize "next week" is tomorrow...depending where you live.

janglar 08-02-2008 12:57 AM

I ain't rolling the dice and downloading any buggy rosters off the net, I am ready to edit them myself like I do every year. I got 28 teams saved on 2 USB drives, and I can't get anymore due to the PS3 freezing or resetting anytime I try to add any more players. I got a question: All my profiles and rosters are saved on my USB drives. I copy them on to the PS3 hard drive to play 2 player games with the teams I have named and the user profiles. After we are done playing, I save the user profiles, copy the user profiles back onto the USB to update the records, and then erase the rosaters and profiles from my PS3 hard drive. Now, when the roster patch update does come out, I will be updating the patch onto the game with no edited rosters or profiles on the hard drive when the process is being performed. Now once the roster patch is downloaded to the game with no roster files on the hard drive when the patch was applied, can I then copy my saved rosters off the USB to the PS3 hard drive with no bugs? In other words, can I now edit the rest of my rosters with no freezes or resets or will I have to start all over again? Thank you anybody for taking my question

o 99 PROBL3MS o 08-02-2008 01:00 AM

One of the problems with people rolling out alll day long is that the QB contain routes are busted. In NCAA 08 if I called a DE Contain i.e. as soon as the QB left the pocket the DE’s would attack him like “a bat out of hell” this kept people from rolling all over the field like they can in 09.
In NCAA 09 You can call DE contain or hot route a DE to a contain route and he will pretty much just stand and watch as the QB takes off. This was terribly dissappointing to me and also a huge reason why NCAA 09 is a “cheesers” dream. They can roll out and drop as deep as they want without consequence. I’m a little discouraged that the pass rush/qb contain wasn’t mentioned.

dkrause1971 08-02-2008 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janglar (Post 2038561929)
I ain't rolling the dice and downloading any buggy rosters off the net, I am ready to edit them myself like I do every year. I got 28 teams saved on 2 USB drives, and I can't get anymore due to the PS3 freezing or resetting anytime I try to add any more players. I got a question: All my profiles and rosters are saved on my USB drives. I copy them on to the PS3 hard drive to play 2 player games with the teams I have named and the user profiles. After we are done playing, I save the user profiles, copy the user profiles back onto the USB to update the records, and then erase the rosaters and profiles from my PS3 hard drive. Now, when the roster patch update does come out, I will be updating the patch onto the game with no edited rosters or profiles on the hard drive when the process is being performed. Now once the roster patch is downloaded to the game with no roster files on the hard drive when the patch was applied, can I then copy my saved rosters off the USB to the PS3 hard drive with no bugs? In other words, can I now edit the rest of my rosters with no freezes or resets or will I have to start all over again? Thank you anybody for taking my question

No, the patch will read the database of the roster when you load then regardless of where they are saved. You saving this stuff on a different drive is irrevelent. As to whether you'll have to start over- no one would know until the patch is out and the patch does that first database check for corruptions. We could have everyones fail or just a few. We don't know.

dkrause1971 08-02-2008 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xV3L0CiTY (Post 2038561921)
You do realize "next week" is tomorrow...depending where you live.

Patches tend to be released on Tuesday thru Thursday for MS at least. And maybe next week- is different than next week. I am not complaining about it. Just concerns me as a roster editor than it could be well over another week before i could edit in peace.