Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   WHY Does EVERY Team Run The spread Option??!!??? (/forums/showthread.php?t=260049)

sportyguyfl31 08-04-2008 08:49 AM

WHY Does EVERY Team Run The spread Option??!!???

This is actually my biggest gripe about the game, believe it or not.,

This bugs me more then any other aspect of the game. EVERY team is programmed to play exactly the same way, regardless of personnel and situation.

Not EVERY team in college football runs this offense!!! They certainly do not run QB choice plays with 65 speed QBs..and they definetly do not do it on 3rd and long, or late in the game down 2 posessions in a 2 minute drill.

BYU doesnt run the spread option! Mark Sanchez doesnt run QB keepers!!

I'm positive Rich Rodriguez wouldnt substitute a WR that is SLOWER then any of his RB's into the backfield for an option option play.

There is no difference between playing Temple, Idaho, USF, UAB, TCU, USC, UF, Ohio State, whatever..other then how good the players are. They all play EXACTLY the same

slickkill77 08-04-2008 09:15 AM

Re: WHY Does EVERY Team Run The spread Option??!!???

You can thank EA for never updating the playbooks. USF has had the same playbook for about 4 years now even though they have added a few formations to their playbook such as a 3 rb set.

SidVish 08-04-2008 09:26 AM

I agree and it gets really stale to watch any team you are up against play almost identically to each other. That's just one of the many issues I had with this game. I rented this game for a week, took it back and have no desire to play it again unless I read some great things about the gameplay patch on OS. I'm not holding my breath though. Maybe next year they'll get it right. ;)

J-Unit40 08-04-2008 09:33 AM

This is my biggest annoyance with the game right now. So frustrating to have a team with a solid tailback or even two good tailbacks and the QB decides he wants to run the ball 12 times in a game. So annoying because it's easy to shutdown when the QB has a 68 rating for speed.

It's one thing if Tebow, White, Locker and company are keeping the ball and taking off, but these molasses QBs are hilarious.

I think I'll have to change all of the playbooks (Dynasty mode only) to reflect the actual offense a running team or balanced team runs. I already had to do this with WVU because Pat White was only getting about 5 carries a game and Devine was getting 30 carries. :google:

grunt 08-04-2008 09:37 AM

is therre a work around?

JoeDog10 08-04-2008 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Unit40 (Post 2038567404)
This is my biggest annoyance with the game right now. So frustrating to have a team with a solid tailback or even two good tailbacks and the QB decides he wants to run the ball 12 times in a game. So annoying because it's easy to shutdown when the QB has a 68 rating for speed.

It's one thing if Tebow, White, Locker and company are keeping the ball and taking off, but these molasses QBs are hilarious.

I think I'll have to change all of the playbooks (Dynasty mode only) to reflect the actual offense a running team or balanced team runs. I already had to do this with WVU because Pat White was only getting about 5 carries a game and Devine was getting 30 carries. :google:

J-Unit,

When you changed WVU's playbook, did their playing style follow suit? Were you seeing Pat White get more carries?

It would be a pain to change the playbook for every team, but well worth it in my opinion if it will make these teams play closer to their real life counterparts.

sportyguyfl31 08-04-2008 10:14 AM

Can you edit team playbooks, and have them carry over to dynasty without causing any problems?

I've been holding off doing any editing to teams until the 1st patch drops.

Jistic 08-04-2008 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31 (Post 2038567482)
Can you edit team playbooks, and have them carry over to dynasty without causing any problems?

I've been holding off doing any editing to teams until the 1st patch drops.

I edit them in dynasty, but they'll revert on the main game screen. You have to choose it for them again. I also think you MAY have to start the game as the CPU and then switch sides after kickoff, but that's not confirmed yet.

The playbooks actually have taken a step back. But again, they're all the same. The plays are all from "EA Football Build ver 1.42a" they are the same plays for every team, no matter the formation, and they are the same plays in the Madden demo.

Know one playbook, know 'em all.

This is one of the single biggest reason's for the lack of deep ball or a stubborn CPU running game.

I have however had some luck switcing the CPU to "West Coast" playbook.

Also IOWA has a very solid "traditional" running playbook.

For all the improvements in the game, EA should be flat embarrassed for the playbooks on both their titles this year. Maybe that's why they want you to buy Head Coach to make your own? Doesn't help us for NCAA however.