Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Just Discovered the Secret Achievement (Accidentally) (/forums/showthread.php?t=260216)

TheGamingChef 08-05-2008 02:04 AM

Just Discovered the Secret Achievement (Accidentally)

For those who don't know what it is... I've discovered it!

And for those who do... :34:

I was playing Dynasty Mode and near the end of the game I was down 28-24 with about a minute to go, no timeouts. I just got the ball at around my 30. I'm trying to get out of bounds as much as possible but I find myself in a hurry-up situation around midfield. It's 3rd and 4 and I run up to the line and snap the ball. I roll out and look for my primary, but he's covered. I don't have time to go through the reads, so I figure I'll throw it away and go for it on 4th.

Except it already was 4th down. :34: The achievement popped up, called "What Were You Thinking???" and I lost the game.

So if you want to unlock the secret achievement, just throw the ball away on 4th down. At least something good came out of that situation...

bukktown 08-05-2008 02:17 AM

Re: Just Discovered the Secret Achievement (Accidentally)

Ha! Now I am not the only one who has done this by accident.:cheers:

The achievement popped up and it made me laugh after I read it.

Tovarich 08-05-2008 03:11 AM

I threw it away on 4th on purpose, last play of the game, didn't want to punt or hurt rushing totals, so I just killed 5 seconds and chucked it out of bounds...I didn't get a popup though. Do you have to be in dynasty for it to happen?

BoomerSooner11 08-05-2008 04:01 AM

Ya I did that the night I got it, Im used to it being the other way around.

kevinpars 08-05-2008 08:18 AM

I did the same thing - I knew it was 4th down, I just hit the wrong button! I call it the Reggie Ball achievement - which any Georgia or G Tech fans will understand.

dlamb919 08-05-2008 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinpars (Post 2038570498)
I did the same thing - I knew it was 4th down, I just hit the wrong button! I call it the Reggie Ball achievement - which any Georgia or G Tech fans will understand.

:lolabove:
hahahahaha you beat me to it! hilarious!

mdgoalie37 08-05-2008 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGamingChef (Post 2038570208)

I was playing Dynasty Mode and near the end of the game I was down 28-24 with about a minute to go, no timeouts. I just got the ball at around my 30. I'm trying to get out of bounds as much as possible but I find myself in a hurry-up situation around midfield. It's 3rd and 4 and I run up to the line and snap the ball. I roll out and look for my primary, but he's covered. I don't have time to go through the reads, so I figure I'll throw it away and go for it on 4th.

Except it already was 4th down. :34: The achievement popped up, called "What Were You Thinking???" and I lost the game.

So if you want to unlock the secret achievement, just throw the ball away on 4th down. At least something good came out of that situation...

The CPU has sure earned a few of those...

Instant C1a55ic 08-05-2008 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGamingChef (Post 2038570208)

Dont feel stupid. Try throwing an imcomplete pass on 3rd, then going for a field goal thinking your on the 30 yard line, then you notice your on the other side of the field. I had no timeouts and was down by 1. Boy did i pray :y220: