Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   OMT or Future, where's our FIELD DEGRADATION?? (/forums/showthread.php?t=260436)

o Mass Murda o 08-06-2008 09:52 AM

OMT or Future, where's our FIELD DEGRADATION??

ive been lurking in these forums reading up on all the ncaa problems. i saw in a previous post where others have asked where's the field degradation and you said you asked the art person and he said it was definitely in.

im sorry but he needs to pick up a retail copy and play it and you will CLEARLY see there is absolutely, positively no field degradation in this game at all in any conditions. ive played a ton of stormy heavy shower grass games and the field never changed, ever!

i see over in the madden forums, its the exact same problem going on. its looking like theyre going to get a fix for it, but what about us (NCAA 09)?? it's def not in our game either and i know the patch #2 is already out of your hands. is this just going to be a broken feature that you touted, and we're just going to be SOL, or is someone over there looking into this as well?

im trying to love this game but im starting to feel ripped off due to everything advertised not being in it or not working properly. please respond to this.

Earl1963 08-06-2008 10:25 AM

Re: OMT or Future, where's our FIELD DEGRADATION??

Hey, I notice this too. The field never ever changes no matter what. And you say Madden has the same problem? Even Madden 08 field degradation worked, just the mud and water didn't splash.

I'm starting to believe that EA really doesn't test their games thoroughly.

GQman2121 08-06-2008 10:47 AM

I'm assuming (incorrectly most likely) that it's the same problem that is causing an issue with the feature in Madden. It's is currently working but is "hidden by some of our late added post effects, or what ever BS spin you want to put on it.........

o Mass Murda o 08-06-2008 11:07 AM

yea i wonder if its the same exact thing causing the problem on both ncaa and madden. well i hope we get some kinda answer here cuz it seems to have been brought up, and then just slipped through the cracks around the forums. its funny but it seems that nobody else is saying anything about this advertised feature thats missing. i know theres more important things we needed but still its something that WE PAID FOR!

i hate to complain but i just want what i paid for. its like buying a cheeseburger but them leaving off the cheese...yea its still a burger and you can eat it but you obviously wanted a dang cheeseburger lol

alright lets keep this to the top. Post if you want the field degradation you paid for OS peeps!! :cavalry:

PS- i just PM'd OMT so maybe we can get some more attention paid to this issue. i told him someone needs to check it out on the retail version because none of us are getting it. maybe just maybe we can get ours looked at and fixed like theyre doing for madden

Solidice 08-06-2008 12:24 PM

its there if you play on a grass field, its just not a huge change though. it's similar to the uniforms getting dirty.

Andrews85 08-06-2008 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by o Mass Murda o (Post 2038574434)
i hate to complain but i just want what i paid for. its like buying a cheeseburger but them leaving off the cheese...yea its still a burger and you can eat it but you obviously wanted a dang cheeseburger lol

Its more like buying a cheeseburger and them leaving off the sesame seeds, do you really need them to enjoy the burger? But I get where you're coming from.

SteelerSpartan 08-06-2008 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solidice (Post 2038574679)
its there if you play on a grass field, its just not a huge change though. it's similar to the uniforms getting dirty.

Correction....it was there in the Mascot game of the demo...but is nowhere to be found on the retail discs.

Yes I was the one who talked with Adem about this multiple times and he assured me everytime that it was functional.

It appears the same thing has happened with Madden....only difference is there wasn't an out lash of asses calling me and the others who wanted this fixed stupid...as well as telling us to shut up and not worry about it.........

yeah now both patches have been finalized and we can forget about it even though we had a chance to actually get a feature working....:y14:

o Mass Murda o 08-06-2008 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan (Post 2038574940)
It appears the same thing has happened with Madden....only difference is there wasn't an out lash of asses calling me and the others who wanted this fixed stupid...as well as telling us to shut up and not worry about it.........

yeah now both patches have been finalized and we can forget about it even though we had a chance to actually get a feature working....:y14:

yea thats what i was afraid of. i was trying to get their attn while theyre fixing the SAME EXACT THING on madden. theres at least 2 9page threads going in the madden forums that EA is listening and responding to, and im like "hey...hey...over here...can we get ours fixed too!" oh well it seems people are fine with paying for stuff and not getting what was described. usually when sh!t like this happens in the marketplaces of america, you get some sort of refund or partial refund. of course this isnt gonna happen here.

its not a huge factor, but it was "a" factor in me deciding to pick this title up. all of the touted new features combined made me decide to get 09 instead of skipping it this year due to no new features as usual. ah well...i tried i guess :(