Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Pay 60$ and Wait Sucks (/forums/showthread.php?t=260882)

mhomes24 08-08-2008 01:19 PM

Pay 60$ and Wait Sucks

My 7year old son scored 80 points on Heisman last night against the CPU using Wyoming and he was playing Ohio State using the same slant play every down in 4 minutes quaters and just hurrying up to the line of scrimmage. Really EA who tests these games...3 year olds....and I bet they still put up at least 60 on a regular basis. I would like to hear just one of the EA reps that have been posting on here honestly reply to this thread and say that they even played the game before it was released. I mean just one stinking game to see if all was well with their product. If they answer yes then they should not be allowed to continue to work for EA because their judgement of what the gameplay should be like is obviously flawed. If they answer no then they should no longer work for EA because who the heck makes a game and never tests it out themselves before signing off on it. I am SO FRUSTRATED WITH THIS GAME!! Everyday I jump on these forums in hopes that the 2nd patch has come out but for now I'm 60$ in the hole. It could have been so good. I feel so cheated. Where is the pass rush. Where are the defender's BRAINS???? And since when is every team's quaterback Peyton Manning and every returner the Bear's Hester?? BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN is the only word that describes this game and the hearts of those who lookked so forward to this year's edition. MLB08 The Show proves at least some people can get it right so all is not lost for sports gaming but for now Football is dead on the console and EA is going to Patch it folks, wow I can't wait.

Phobia 08-08-2008 02:14 PM

Re: Pay 60$ and Wait Sucks

My dad tried this against me (he has a xbox and we play over xbox live lol) but he got frustrated when I was beating him by a good bit and started just calling the same quick slant over and over and over. He completed the first 4 or 5 everytime before I realized "he is not going to run anything else" So I switched to the safety on that side of the field and just jumped the ball and THEN PICK 6 !!!!!

But I do agree some of the stuff that managed to get through is really bad. I mean what company release completely broken sliders LMAO :nono:

Andrews85 08-08-2008 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhomes24 (Post 2038581871)
My 7year old son scored 80 points on Heisman last night against the CPU using Wyoming and he was playing Ohio State using the same slant play every down in 4 minutes quaters and just hurrying up to the line of scrimmage.

Your son is a hardcore cheeser.

fistofrage 08-08-2008 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrews85 (Post 2038582149)

He's 7 years old! He's supposed to be a cheeser. He's supposed to like the mascot games and the WIDE OPEN GAMEPLAY. He's the target audience for EA sports. Little kids like to score points. Its fun. :)

God Bless EA. Its for the Kids!

RAZRr1275 08-08-2008 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fistofrage (Post 2038582202)
He's 7 years old! He's supposed to be a cheeser. He's supposed to like the mascot games and the WIDE OPEN GAMEPLAY. He's the target audience for EA sports. Little kids like to score points. Its fun. :)

lol. Although the little kids like cheese thing is quite true.

stoncold32 08-08-2008 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fistofrage (Post 2038582202)

I agree here. The only problem is, now there doesn't seem to be a balance. In the past NCAA's, there was a balance and something for both the real football fan, and the casual, "I like to score 10TD's a game with one player" fan. Now, unfortunately, the game has been tuned to the latter fan instead of giving us a broad game with appeal to both sides.

crques 08-08-2008 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoncold32 (Post 2038582313)
I agree here. The only problem is, now there doesn't seem to be a balance. In the past NCAA's, there was a balance and something for both the real football fan, and the casual, "I like to score 10TD's a game with one player" fan. Now, unfortunately, the game has been tuned to the latter fan instead of giving us a broad game with appeal to both sides.

I agree. This "wide open" gameplay crap is pure bull****. Personally, I don't like scoring 70+ points per game against Top 25 teams. Where's the defense and where's the balance on both sides of the ball?

mhomes24 08-08-2008 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrews85 (Post 2038582149)

He's 7 yrs old dude. And he olny did it because I dared him to score on every possesion, He laughed and said "Oh yea, watch this!" I thought it was funny that my 7yr. old picked up on what grown men and supposed gaming expert designers(EA) failed to realize after months of supposed testing. After scoring his final touchdown I asked him what he thought about his scoring rampage and he said "It was fun the 1st time I did it yesterday but now its just old. I wish the other team was better." Then I said well maybe we can adjust the sliders...oh wait they are all broken too...well maybe they will release a patch to fix...oh wait they already did and instead of fixing the gameplay they made us able to edit rosters so now when the opossing Robo QB tourches us he will have a name by his stats...but don't worry son they'll soon realease a 2nd patch full of magic that will allow us to actually play the game and "enjoy it" Until then Its back to a rousing game of NCAA Scorefest 2008 that we paid 60 bucks for but thats all ok cause they put back in our alltime favorite feature this year...MASCOT GAMES!!!! YAY!!!!!! We all really wanted MASCOT GAMES instead of that out of style, no fun thing some of us like to call QB pressure, CB awareness, Zone coverages that work, and DEFENSE. A fair trade wouldn't you say EA????