Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   How do you play? (/forums/showthread.php?t=261275)

NoleFan 08-10-2008 08:28 PM

How do you play?

I'm looking for a set of sliders and I'm trying to get a feel for how the slider makers game to know which ones to try.

Personally, I only make throws for the QB and watch on defense and special teams. I know some of the slider makers don't switch on D and Matt10 doesn't control his HB either.

Heyuimintojsus 08-10-2008 08:39 PM

Re: How do you play?

I'm in the same boat as him. Just got the game and was trying to figure who's sliders to use. If someone could post who has the best on each level, that'd be great.

RAZRr1275 08-10-2008 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heyuimintojsus (Post 2038589318)
I'm in the same boat as him. Just got the game and was trying to figure who's sliders to use. If someone could post who has the best on each level, that'd be great.

all I know right now is heisman = yuckmoufjones the ones on the first post or the ones on the current last page of the thread.

doctorhay53 08-11-2008 02:50 AM

don't use any of the ones out right now.....wait a couple of weeks for the patch. CPU sliders dont work, if you didnt know. at least most of them. Who knows which ones do. Personally I think they're all broken, but seem people think some of them work.

Sliders are all about your preference. Personally, I'm either gonna watch or play, no combination of both. I run a no-switch D and play as the MLB. I do all the ball-handling on offense. I usually ask corso unless the play he picks is really bad (don't let him make you use cover 4.....EVER, unless its end of the game) or if the play he picks is a repeat.

So with that said, I usually play two or three games with a couple of sets to find the one that 'feels' best to me. Then I use that as a base and tweak the sliders slightly if i need to, based on a method I use for myself that tries to match my played stats with the sim engine stats, so my team fits in where they're 'supposed' to be in the NCAA.

I have a couple of criteria I look for right away in a set:
RBA can't be too high, bc this controls their speed too and I don't want them to be ridiculously fast.
nothing wacky like all 100 or all 0 sets. They sometimes play alright, but I just think that is too extreme for the game to produce consistent results.

That doesn't mean the sets aren't right for you though. its all about preference.

doctorhay53 08-11-2008 02:51 AM

oh and IMO, you should play D. First, most slider sets are designed by someone who plays the D, and they might make your D less effective because they are very good at D so it evens it up.

Also, watch out for sliders where people control a D-Lineman, as they would probably make the pass rush sliders different.

OliDegu2008 08-17-2008 12:28 AM

Though I am a pro or anything of that nature, I really am having a fun time with NJpapi's as always. Every game seems to be fn and I am getting realistic stats and scores!

GJEM 08-17-2008 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoleFan (Post 2038589292)
I'm looking for a set of sliders and I'm trying to get a feel for how the slider makers game to know which ones to try.

Personally, I only make throws for the QB and watch on defense and special teams. I know some of the slider makers don't switch on D and Matt10 doesn't control his HB either.

I hear ya, I only play offense and make tackles with my LB when the play is right in front of me on D. I'm using the OS Legends League Heisman Sliders right now in my reported Kentucky Wildcats dynasty but I'm finding since I don't (can't) play D it's really difficult to hold the CPU offense under 35+ points a game on average. So when you figure it out let me know. :wink: