Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   EA sees the community fighting back!!! (/forums/showthread.php?t=261494)

jdr4693 08-11-2008 05:46 PM

EA sees the community fighting back!!!

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08112008...hit_123936.htm

EA is hoping to reverse a downward trend. Last month, EA CEO John Riccitiello cautioned that pre-sales for the game are slipping, mirroring a trend seen with its "NCAA Football '09" title.

It seems that EA is finally starting to feel the pressure.

PuddleMonkey 08-11-2008 05:50 PM

Re: EA sees the community fighting back!!!

Good. I'll be a ****** and buy it anyway, just to get frustrated after a week of playing franchise.

ChubbyBanana 08-11-2008 05:52 PM

I think this has more to do with people being more cautious in today's economy then it has to do with people just not buying the game because they are fed up.

Let me say, so I don't get bashed, that I am not saying the games over the past few years were perfect games...

radiohead 08-11-2008 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AugustSatellite (Post 2038592431)
I think this has more to do with people being more cautious in today's economy then it has to do with people just not buying the game because they are fed up.

that could be a reason.

perhaps madden has reached a certain saturation point with some consumers. in a sense, madden is like a soap opera. you don't have to buy it every year. you can check in periodically and still know what's going on.

that's one of the downsides of publishing the game every year.

whatever the case may be, the outcome may not necessarily be ideal for the hardcore community.

for example, less revenue could mean smaller budgets and resources for the ncaa team.

Kramer5150 08-11-2008 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AugustSatellite (Post 2038592431)

I'm not so sure about that. While the economy may play a part,I would tend to believe that's it's more out of frustration.

After last years debacle,it seemed that alot of long time fans had reached their "boiling point",and are fed up. It doesn't surprise me one bit that preorders are down,for the most part,people are being more cautious this year........and based on the recent offerings,have every right to be.

jdr4693 08-11-2008 06:43 PM

Im hoping NCAA fooball 09 took a big hit this year, because I love college football and was forced to play one of the most bugged filled games to date with gameplay that was suspect from the two prior next gen titles.

DocHolliday 08-11-2008 06:48 PM

I havent bought EA products for years do to there problems. I hope there are more people like me.

That being said I think i may buy Madden for the first time year.

thelwig14 08-11-2008 06:51 PM

The economy is a laughable reason. It has little impact in this area.

Consumers are becoming more educated about products and are shifting their resources and disposable income in areas to maximize their dollar. And unfortunately, consumers are starting to finally realize that this cannot be had in regards to NCAA and Madden. No one wants to feel cheated, and EA has fat cat'd and rested on their laurels.