Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   NCAA Football 09: Running Tips (/forums/showthread.php?t=261820)

RaychelSnr 08-12-2008 04:42 PM

NCAA Football 09: Running Tips

Noah Weber is back this week with more NCAA Football 09 strategy, this week he takes a look at the running game. Check out Noah's thoughts on how to instantly improve your run game and be sure to add your own tips!

Quote:

"Establishing a solid run game is an important part of any offense. If you can make the defense respect your ability to gain yards on the ground, you can create opportunities for yourself in the air. By efficiently mixing things up, the defense will always be on their toes, and that is the first step towards victory."

beeneeb 08-12-2008 05:28 PM

Nice article Noah! I'll have to digg that one. While your article talks about basic running, it doesn't get into what you need to do in order to break tackles in the open field. While the "highlight stick" is beneficial for beginners, I favor the new animations that have been put into the game courtesy of what I call the "double button" moves. Essentially, if I have two defenders running at me in open field, I hit "down" on my left joystick & tap the "spin" button twice really quick. You'll be amazed at what you can pull off with a "double button" move.

Thanks,

beeneeb
www.ncaafootballfreak.com

janglar 08-13-2008 01:05 AM

Best juke move period is simple analog direction changes. No buttons or highlight sticks, just on a dime directional moves catches human players off guard very well (CPU a little less)

Gamecock 08-13-2008 01:36 AM

Re: NCAA Football 09: Running Tips

Quote:

Originally Posted by janglar (Post 2038599012)
Best juke move period is simple analog direction changes. No buttons or highlight sticks, just on a dime directional moves catches human players off guard very well (CPU a little less)

I can very much vouch for this especially when an opponent is pursuing you down the field. Simply the slight movement of your analog stick will send him grabbing air rather than the back of your jersey.

beeneeb 08-13-2008 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecock (Post 2038599097)
I can very much vouch for this especially when an opponent is pursuing you down the field. Simply the slight movement of your analog stick will send him grabbing air rather than the back of your jersey.

I definitely agree with that Gamecock. If I'm 1 on 1 with a guy that is about to catch up with me, I'll just tap that right analog stick & essentially brush him off...