Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Online play: How is it? (/forums/showthread.php?t=261971)

Blue58 08-12-2008 10:16 PM

Online play: How is it?

Is it good, bad, or ugly? Is the lag bad? Any bad glitches yet? Any problem recording wins/losses?

I want to go buy it tonight, but I only play Madden online, so its the deciding factor. If the online play is trash, I wont buy it, if it is solid, Ill go get it tonight.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

xylocaine 08-12-2008 10:20 PM

Re: Online play: How is it?

What happens when people pull the plug on a game. Please tell me they get a loss and not a disconnect that doesn't reflect in there ranking. Otherwise we will never complete a game.

Is there a ladder or stats that accumulate? Love to check leaderboards in all the stats online etc.

Blue58 08-12-2008 10:32 PM

bump

ihategeeks 08-12-2008 10:35 PM

Laggy for me. lots of delay on kicks, runs, pressing buttons to do , ...things.
It's even more aggravating on defense. Can't make any adjustments without screwing myself up.

If this isn't better in a week or two I'm selling this.

Blue58 08-12-2008 10:43 PM

Thanks for the info. I havent bought a Madden on the next gen yet, Ive always bought the PC because the next gen maddens have been so bad. Im going to get a roster update and just keep playing on PC.

Thanks for the help

Jackets333 08-12-2008 10:54 PM

It's been perfect for me. No lag at all. Disconnecting players get a loss.

Holic 08-12-2008 10:58 PM

No lag whatsoever in the two games I've played. Only problem I've ran into is people who never punt on 4th. No matter the field position, or yards to go. That annoys the **** out of me.

Spongedaddy 08-12-2008 11:07 PM

There is a slight lag in the kicking meter, but it's no big deal. Right now the PS3 version has had a lot of freezing/disconnect issues, but I am sure they will fix it sooner rather than later.

I have played seven games online, two of those against people I know. I had a lot of fun. Even the cheesers were okay (I wouldn't make it a habit) becuase you can adjust and give them a go.

Overall this is the most fun I have had with Madden online in a long time. If you find good people to play against it will be worh the investment.